Friday, September 27, 2013

TGIF! (Bond!) (Moon added)

Happy Friday Morning, my Darling,

This time I can say TGIF and it will count for both of us! Usually, Friday makes no difference for me, but once a month it does, so that is nice. I will be home all afternoon til 4:15, though I may walk over to the Redbox a little later to see if they have anything watchable. Mostly, though, I will be here. I saw a Groupon yesterday that has manufacturer-refurbished Chromebooks on sale for 139 bucks. I called a Dell toll-free number this morn, to try to get tech support for Pearl's computer, but when they came on the line an automated voice said the support was fee-based, so I thought, the heck with that, because I don't even know if it will help fix her computer. The Groupon Chromebook sale is good for three more days, so if I can't fix it on my own by then, I will get one of the Chromebooks.

I trust you are having a good morning. I Love You, You Are Awesome, My Baby!

6:50pm : So you like James Bond? Me too! My all-time favorite is "The Spy Who Loved Me", and I love that theme song I just posted. My Dad was a big Bond fan, too, and we saw "Spy" together several times. It's funny, because most fans will say Sean Connery was the best, but I was always a Roger Moore guy. Probably because he was in the movies I saw first. But the recent Craig ones have been great, more hard-boiled too. Really, all the guys who've played 007 have been good. Pierce Brosnan was really good. So next time you watch a marathon, I'm gonna be sitting right next to you!

I'm just getting home, so I am going to get settled in, and then I'll be back in a while. Two sleep-ins coming up, yippee!

Hey World, I Love My Baby!  :):)

11pm : I hope you are enjoying your Friday evening. I am just doing the usual - reading, 'riting......no 'rithmetic though. I should probably do some. :)

I am reading about the partially sunken city of Nan Madol, on an island called Panape in Micronesia. It has ancient roads that lead straight into the Pacific Ocean, and then, on another island 1000 miles away, the road picks up again and leads onto that island. So the whole thing was sunk. It would be as if America, at some point in the future, became an archipelago of small islands, and Route 66 just dropped off into the water in the west, and picked back up on an island in the east, in a place that used to be a state. Sorry to keep harping on the subject, lol, but this stuff blows my mind. When I was little, my Dad took me to see a movie about an explorer named Thor Heyerdahl. He sailed across the Pacific in a craft called the Kon-Tiki that he built out of bamboo to try and replicate an ancient sailing vessel. When I saw the movie I was about 6 or 7, so it really didn't sink in what he was doing. But now that I am reading more about it, I see that he was one of the main guys who was trying to understand the history of the Pacific, and why it is such a huge ocean in the first place.

Earth is interesting, because you can have land..........and then it stops, and all of a sudden you've got thousands of square miles of salt water. Why?

If you drained the Pacific Ocean, you'd have a big dent in the surface of the Earth. Six miles deep in places. That's not much, given the Earth's circumference, but it's still a big dent. So, why did it fill up with water? The water didn't cause the dent, so what did?

Scientists now think the Moon was formed from the Earth - and this is conventional science, mind you, they have come around to the alternative way of thinking - and so, if the Moon was formed from the Earth, then the place where much of the material might have come from could be the basin of the Pacific Ocean. Or all the oceans. But maybe the Pacific was the point of impact for whatever struck the Earth and caused the land mass to separate into continents. Maybe the impact caused an enormous atmospheric disturbance, which led to the Biblical rains of legend. All of the various cultural tales of myth and legend date from 2000 - 15,000 year ago, not really that long if you think about it.

So maybe there was a civilization, living on a continent in what is now the Pacific, and suddenly, or over time, that continent began to sink as an aftereffect of the original collision. And now, there are only traces of that civilization left, like roads that lead into the ocean.

Surely all the religions and cultures share something in common; a myth or legend of a planet-changing scenario that happened many thousands of years ago. They are all told in the same general time frame, give or take a few thousand years, which is not much given the age of the Earth.

So it is very likely that, at some point, we did not have a Moon.

The Pacific Ocean and the Moon are two places that need exploring. We went to the Moon in the 1960s; it was the biggest deal of that century. But now you don't hear much about it. I wonder why they don't go back? I wonder what they saw up there.......

Well, my Bond Girl, that's all I know for tonight. Tomorrow the Badgers are playing Ohio State in Ohio, so I still bet on them, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. And, I think they have seven points.

Tonight, we will share our dreams together, and we will both sleep in and wake up together in spirit.

Entwined...........

I Love You, Elizabeth.      xoxoxoxoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment