Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ruling! (To Pearl's) (more You Rule)

Okay, my Baby, that is super cool! That is the pic I was expecting, and I hope you got a chance to actually hang out with him for a while. Both "Autre Temps" singers in one photo, that is outstanding. I hope they put you on the guest list, too. You deserve it. Well, you can tell me all about it if you wanna post a review. I will be here at home until 4:15, then back this eve at 6:45. I will check back in before I leave for Pearl's.

That is an outstanding photo. You rule as always!

I Love You.  :):)

(back in a bit)

4:05pm : I am gonna head to Pearl's now, and try to run something called a System Files Check on her computer. I've been Googling solutions to this driver installation problem, and this one was recommended. So, Mr. Trial & Error will try once again, lol.

Hey Elizabeth, y'know how, when you hear a new piece of music, it sometimes takes several listens to become familiar, and then you realize how good it is?

That just happened to me, just now, with "Across The Sea".

I knew it was good upon first listen, last week. But just now, I got the feel of it.

I think it is the best thing you have thus far recorded. It's really good.

(back at 6:45.....)

10:10pm : Have you ever heard Erik Satie? You probably have at least heard the Gymnopedies, or you would recognize the music if you don't know the name. I mention him because he wrote some exquisite piano pieces, dramatic and mysterious sounding. He is most famous for the Gymnopedies and the Gnossiennes. There is a bit of a Satie feel at the beginning of "Across The Sea", so there you go. I love piano, there is so much that can be expressed with it. :)

Tonight I am chillin' with my book, "Axis Of The World", reading about the Tarim Basin Mummies that were discovered in China in the early 20th century. They were white, European people (or Europoid, meaning that they have European features but weren't necessarily from Europe). I am also reading about a supercontinent called Gondwana, and a single land-mass continent called Pangaea, formed from all the seperate continents we have today. Other continents most likely sunk into the ocean, like Mu, Atlantis and Lemuria. There are so many legends among island people, like the Polynesians, and also among American Indians.

There is a theory now that the Moon is made up of material that was once part of Earth, and that the material was flung into space when Earth collided with another planet, eons ago. When you look at the size and depth of the Pacific Ocean, that could very well be where it struck, and knocked an enormous chunk out of that side of our planet. I think it is amazing to look at Ice Age geology, as evident where you live, and to look at desert geology where I live, and just to observe that it's still there, formations and such, after all this time. There is so much waiting to be learned from the distant past, and one day we will discover how amazing it really was.

Well, my Beautiful Angel, I am so glad you got to meet Neige, and (I am assuming) got to chat with him, and that they had the in-store, too, so it was a really memorable experience. I mean, you met him last year too, but that was more hurried, at the end of the show. Now you can genuinely say you are friends of those guys, they know you and vice-versa, which is awesome. I bet you got recognized, too! Did anyone ask if you were the girl from the video? My guess is yes! :)

So, a great weekend it was. I will be seeing them in a week and a half, and I can't wait. Last time, at the Troubador, they played about 40 minutes, opening for Enslaved. This time I am guessing they get at least an hour, maybe 70-75 minutes? That's usually the deal with a co-headliner tour. I guess I will soon find out! I was wondering if they are gonna do an in-store here in L.A. We don't have very many record stores, really just Amoeba, which is a famous one, and a lot of bands do appearances there. Maybe there are a few, more obscure, record stores in Hollywood or Glendale. That would be cool if they do one. I would have to figure out a way to be there, due to my schedule, but if they played one in early afternoon I might be able to make it. I can't go to the Paul McCartney thing tomorrow for the same reason; it starts at 4:30 and I have to work. It's for the Jimmy Kimmel show, and I didn't get tickets anyway, there was a lottery and I didn't win. It would be awesome to finally see Paul McCartney, but it's gonna be a zoo down there anyway. I will see him next time he tours.

But up next is Alcest, and I am ready! I've never seen Anathema, so I'm looking forward to them as well.

On Saturday, I bet big points on the Badgers, and they came through again!

I like the Autumn illustration you posted, too. That's my kind of equinox!

Sleep well, my Darling, with many hugs and kisses from me.  xoxoxoxo

I Love You with all my heart.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment