Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday I Love You (art added)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I'm home, so I just wanted to say I Love You and I hope you had a great day. I am gonna relax for a little bit before going for my walk at around 8pm, and then I will back later at the usual time. It's the start of another great week for us, just because we're us. :):)

(back in a little while)

10pm : So you are a fan of Downton Abbey? I seem to recall you posting something in regards to the ending of last season.........disapproval, perhaps? I don't know the show, other than a general outline, but I know it's hugely popular, and I guess a lot of fans agree with you about last season, the killing off of certain characters I believe. My Mom would have absolutely loved that show. If it was English, and on PBS, especially if it was on Masterpiece Theater or Mystery!, she was a fan. She was also a huge Jane Austen fan, and had been in a Jane Austen club in high school. I credit Mom with, among other things, my love of old movies. She knew all the great ones from the 30s through the 60s, and knew all the actors and actresses, too. Mom was cool, because you could put in a movie like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Hills Have Eyes and it wouldn't faze her. We watched a lot of movies and shows together (but we both agreed about no Sandler, Schwarzanegger, etc.) :)

Nice to see Fursy is working on a new album. I was wondering what had happened to him, he used to post all the time and then kind of disappeared. Looks like he's all done playing Metal, too. First Mikael, then Neige, now Fursy. I can see why Mikael & Neige don't wanna do the vocals anymore, and I can see why all three guys are moving in a different direction. I think it's just the whole "genre" thing, and wanting to get away from classification, which leads to fans/critics/labels expecting a certain kind of sound. Steven Wilson put Porcupine Tree on hiatus for the same reason.

When we (me & Grim) saw Agalloch recently, I really loved the whole Arthouse approach they use on their tours. For one thing, it was the cheapest concert I can remember in recent years; 17 bucks! I have no idea how they made any money, and they probably didn't make much, but I love the whole thing with bringing out the logs and the incense, and the way they hand-pick their openers. Last time, it wasn't real successful with Taurus, the two girls who kind of made a racket with feedback and caterwauling, but it was different, and this time it was successful with Worm Ourobouros, who were really different (and I know you know them, I heard of them because of you), and also Helen Money, who was really far out. She is apparently a classical cellist who does amplified, pedal-effected experimental cello music on the side, but she has also played on a lot of other people's albums, including Russian Circles. There is another band that I would call an art-rock band. No genre, just art. That's the way it should be, although having said that, bands usually create some framework to work in. I mean, you never see a band make a pure jazz album, followed by a Britney Spears type pop album. That would of course be ridiculous. So bands and artists create their own parameters, but at least they set the boundaries. More likely, true artists do not set any boundaries but merely operate within the creative area of their own personal Muse. And that Muse inspires them according to their own emotions and influences.

Well, I love talking music.

Movies, shows, music, art, observation, nature, writing, thinking.

Long walks...........the night sky........

(food too!)

These are a few of my favorite things!

My Life is about sharing them with You.

I Love You my Darling.   xoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams, I will see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment