Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy Evening (I Love You) (more added)

I'm home, my Angel. Today I had most of the afternoon off, so I stayed in and watched the movie I got the other day, "The Flesh And The Fiends". It was really good, Dickensian horror with great British acting. Based on a true story in the Jack the Ripper vein. I know I am gruesome, lol.
I see you need a player piano, so I am guessing you need it for a video? Or maybe you can program it with a scroll of your music. Or, maybe you can make a video of it playing your music! That would be one of the coolest music videos ever. Well, you know my evening drill: here till 8:30, then walk, then back!

I've been thinking about you all day. I Love You So Very Much! :):)

10:50pm : I really enjoy being in a continuous mode of study, thought and creativity, and just allowing each of those practices to play off of and influence the other. For instance, I would not have thought I'd ever have an interest in archaeology or geology, but reading "Genes, Giants, Monsters and Men" by Farrell last year got me fascinated by what's been found in the Earth, even if much of the extraordinary findings have been dismissed by conventional archaeology. And I've always had a fascination with the local landscape, the Santa Susanas in Chatsworth in particular. So one influences the other, and then you think about it, and it leads you in another direction, such as anthropology and the history of peoples and migration.

I am never interested in these types of subjects in a dry, academic way, but am deeply interested in their mystery, which seems magical to me. That is to say, it seems to me that there is an element of magic involved in understanding how civilization came to be, how it rose out of nowhere, etc. I had never heard of Mohenjo Daro in my life before I began reading these books, and the findings there were made beginning in the 1920s, so you would think it would have gotten more publicity, maybe even been taught in school, but no. It is an ancient city with a mindboggling layout, considering it is 9 to 13000 years old. I like to alternate between reading about things, then thinking about them, and creativity sometimes results. But in thinking about all these ancient places, I also remember that geneaology has been a subject I've been interested in. And I thought, well, I've traced back, at least partially, my roots to about 1600 or so. After that it gets more sketchy. But thinking about Mohenjo Daro, I realize that somewhere down the line - waaay down - I've got (and we've all got) a Stone Age ancestor.

Biologically, at any rate.

And at some point, I would guess that geneaology would come to a starting point, and conventional anthropology tells us that that it all started with one lady. Literally. I think they call her Lucy.

But the problem with that theory, even if correct, is that it is limted to biology, and doesn't account for human conciousness, nor the development of language and numbers, etc. And of course evolution (sorry to keep picking on the subject, lol) looks at all of those incredible leaps as mere survival and comfort-developing tactics. Evolution tries to describe things in purely biological terms, as if life was no more than adaptation for survival, and beings were no more than cognizant matter that "lives" and then "dies".

There is no magic in such theories.

Don't get me wrong about science. I love it for it's discipline and purity, but in the case of human existence, those are the very factors which limit it's understanding.

Science doesn't do "why". And "why" is always what I am most interested in.

So, I love the sciences of anthropology, geology, etc. - and many useful conclusions have been reached in every scientific discipline (obviously). But at some point, to truly study the origins of things (like where does music come from, for instance), you have to leave the limiting rigor of science behind, and use intuition instead. Intuition and creative thinking. The science is invaluable, of course, it gets you to the doorstep of the mystery behind these subjects. But only magic (inspired creative thought based on accumulated information) will get you over the threshold.

Well, my Darling, there's some opinionated rambling for the evening, lol. I really do love all of the study I'm doing, and I figure since you are studying, I might as well be, too. "Use your head for something besides a hat rack", as my Dad used to say. :)

You are the only person I know who (I must capitalise here) Understands Things. Not just Factual Things, or Tangible Things (though you certainly understand those, too).

But I just mean Things.

Magic, you know.

So that's all I know for tonight, besides that I Love You. I hope you can find a player piano.

Tomorrow will be another awesome day. Sweet Dreams until then.

You are the best, Elizabeth. xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment