Saturday, September 14, 2013

I Love My Angel (concerts)

Happy Saturday Evening, Sweet Baby! I loved that picture this morning, boy did it ever get my day off to a wonderful start. :) It was a busy day, lots of shopping on my own (my sister didn't come over cause it was roasting hot), and then cleaning the pad. But now I can relax and enjoy the evening, and as soon as the sun goes down I will go for my walk. I saw your friend's interview while I was at Pearl's. He is Hannah's boyfriend? After all this time I have a better idea of who's who. :) He sounds like a pretty accomplished guy, and good on him for liking classical music.

Mostly what I was doing all day, though, was thinking of you. There is such a great feeling between us these days, Elizabeth, and I am so happy. I mean, there has always been a great feeling, but lately it has been extra special. I know you can feel it too! :):)

I will be back in a while.

I Love You So.

10:50pm : Right now, Bucky Badger is in Arizona, and he must be melting in that badger suit. As hot as it is here, Arizona is often a little hotter. I've got big points on you guys again, so go UW! UCLA was always my team as a kid, in the days when I was a sports fanatic. When I was about 9 or 10, we had a newspaper subscription to the L.A.Times, and for some reason I saved every copy of the sports section for an entire calendar year. I remained a big sports fan all through my teens and twenties. In my thirties, my enthusiasm waned a bit as my artistic interests took complete hold. Nowdays, I still follow most sports, though casually more than fanatically. When I was ten, it was my life. Sports and music. And building model hotrods, too. Hotrods were custom cars; you probably knew that. ;) When I was a kid, I had a lot of different hobbies.

Tomorrow is the Agalloch show, so I am excited for that. Aesop's other band, Worm Ouroboros, is gonna open. They are interesting, if a bit weird, maybe because of the vocals. Not as song oriented, but a good opener nonetheless. One of my favorite memories will always be from last year, on the night I was at "The Exorcist" play in Westwood, and you were at the Agalloch concert in Chicago, and we were sending messages back and forth, just as both shows were about to begin. Getting to know you was an electric feeling, I will never forget it.

Next weekend will be Alcest for you, which will be incredible as well. Then I will see them on October 3rd, so we will share the experience, if slightly delayed.

I am hoping tomorrow night's show will feature no moshing. Last time I got lucky, as the crowd was made up of mostly goth types and Mexican Metal Heads, both usually content to watch a show with arms folded, staring at the band. I am of a similar stance, though I do lose myself in the music, and tend to tap a toe up and down, or sway a bit. But no headbanging or moshing, please. There is music being played. Civilized behavior is always appreciated, to those who are capable of it.

I used to go to shows.......my goodness.......shows like Judas Priest in Long Beach, or even further back, Black Sabbath in a hellhole called San Bernardino. Both are far away from the Valley, and when you got to these venues, you would swear that the people in attendance must have crawled out from under a rock to attend. These were Boondocks People, under the influence of God Knows What, and attending a heavy metal concert in their venues was a test in endurance, if not survival.

At any rate, I am looking forward to the show, and tomorrow I will write earlier, in the afternoon, and then check in to say hi when I get home, which will be probably about 2am my time!

We are gonna have a good week, my Darling. The last week of Summer, as we transition into Fall.

All of our daily adventures, I love them all.

Sweet Dreams, I Love You and will see you in the morning as always.  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment