Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sky

My Angel,

Today was pretty quiet, doing the Sunday morning thing, taking the Kobester to CSUN, laundry, etc. This evening, when I got home, I wanted to try and recapture a quality of light that I called "roselight" in a couple pictures of trees that I took a few years ago. I have noticed certain qualities of light in certain months, and in Southern California we get incredible tones of light in September. I had forgotten how much earlier (and how quickly) the Sun sets now, however, so by the time I got there, the trees were in shadow. I also want to try and get some shots of the light coming through the stained glass windows inside the church next door. I have shot that before, too, but I want to rediscover it. This is the time of the year when the Sun starts to come in at an angle - I guess it might be even more pronounced where you are. But it certainly affects the color of the light.
Here's a question for you : do you guys ever see the Aurora Borealis up there? My Dad said that when he was a kid, on occasion, probably in Winter, you could see it. Also, another thing I was wondering just tonight : where you live, can you see a sky full of stars at night? I know Madison is close enough to cause some light pollution, but I would think you can see a pretty full sky at night. Here in the Valley, or anywhere in the L.A. city/suburban area, we can only see just a few stars. Planets we can see, Jupiter, Mars and Venus are all easy. But we can't see the Milky Way or any constellations. Too much city light.

Since we both like cameras and photography, it might be neat to one day have a telescope. Here, if you drove out to the desert, you could see everything. That would be awesome.
Well, just a few observations for the evening. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend, and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.   xoxoxoxox

Sweet Dreams, my Darling.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment