Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dreamy (Drama) (more added)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I dropped Pearl off at Golden Agers, so I'm home for a couple hours, til 2pm. This time, I'll be busy after I pick her up, cause I'm gonna go to the bank and also to Home Depot to look for cricket traps. It looks like I might have an infestation. Last night, I caught two of 'em by trapping them underneath cups, then sliding a piece of paper underneath to make a lid. A third cricket got away. I've trapped about five this way, but now it's out of hand. I hate to have to kill 'em, but I can't have my apartment overrun with crickets, so, traps it is.

I will be back after my evening shift, about 6:45. Today is a Pisces moon, a dreamy kind of day.

You are My Dream and I Love You!  :):)

7pm: Hey my Baby, I'm just getting home. We had a little bit of a scare. When I got to Pearl's, I was greeted by Kobi as usual, but he was barking with great urgency. The next thing I heard was Pearl calling out to me from the back bathroom. Right away, I knew she had fallen. I was prepared for the worst, but as it turned out, it wasn't too bad. She was on the floor, but in a sitting position as if she had slunk down rather than hit all at once. I wanted to make sure nothing was broken before I tried to pick her up, so I asked her if she felt any pain anywhere. She was able to move all her limbs, and nothing was swollen, no pain in her hips. Pearl has already had one hip replacement and my Mom had two, so I am well acquainted with broken hips. Pearl was also a nurse, an RN with a master's degree, so she knows a bit about the body herself. Once we determined for certain that everything was okay, I was able to get her to her feet. Then, using her walker, she was able to walk into the living room, and then the evening proceeded as normal. Pearl had been on the floor for almost an hour. I asked her why she didn't use her Life Alert button, which she wears around her neck, and she said she didn't think it was an emergency. But her cell was too far away for her to be able to call me. So, I talked to Helen, her daughter, and we are gonna institute a new, daily calling program. We are gonna get her used to using her cell, for both calling out and answering, and we are gonna get a basket to attach to the top of the walker, so it will always be close at hand. Then, from now on, I will call at regular intervals when I am not there. Every couple hours, maybe more. Or we can alternate, me calling her and vice-versa, to get her in the habit of being used to the phone.

Pearl fell once before, in the 3 1/2 years I've been working for her. That time, two years ago, she fell into the tub in the same bathroom. We covered up the tub after that, with a big piece of plywood. Now I am also gonna clear out a lot of clutter in that bathroom too. Way too many clothes and bottles and stuff. Finally, I am gonna ask her daughter to have some railings installed, just so she has something to grab onto. She's fallen twice, two years apart, and both times she's gotten lucky. But better safe than sorry, I say.

So that was our little bit of drama. Everything is good, though, tonight. We are always grateful for every blessing.

I will be here til 8:30, then go on my walk til 9:30, and then I'll write more later. I Love You, my Wonderful and Awesome Lady, and I hope you are enjoying your evening.  :):)

10:55pm : I am listening to the music of Steven Wilson's Bass Communion. It's ambient stuff, the kind of music you listen to (for me, anyway) passively rather than actively. He does this kind of thing better than most. I've been flipping around on Youtube, just looking for stuff. Well, that's all I've got for tonight. I hope everything is good at home and that school is going well. I'm know you are probably maxed out with your workload, but any time you have the chance, I am always interested in what is happening in your life. Not just interested, but wanting to share our lives together.

I Love You, Elizabeth.    xoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment