Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Biggest Heart (I Love You) (Raccoons)

Good Morning, my Angel,

I am in the process of cleaning my apt., so as to get rid of all sources of attraction for crickets. Vacuuming everything, wiping down counters, throwing out accumulated junk mail. I'm not a slob in the first place, always very neat, but apparently anything at all will attract them, hence the extra attention to detail. I like your post about the deer heart donation. I suppose hunting season has begun up there. It is of course important not to waste anything, or as little as possible. I generally don't like Ted Nugent's politics, but he has the right idea about hunting, if someone is going to do it they should respect and use the whole animal, or as much as possible. I can't imagine hunting, myself, but unless I were to go completely vegetarian (no fish, even), I couldn't condemn it without being a hypocrite. I'm only saying that about myself, of course. I actually don't know if you are a vegetarian, though you have alluded to liking non-veggie foods. It's one of those paradoxes of life that most of us are raised eating meat, and even though we love animals, it can be hard to completely eliminate them from your diet. In my case, I have gotten it down to mostly fish - tuna and salmon.

Anyway, the one thing I am certainly against and have no problem condemning is hunting purely for sport. I saw an article in a magazine at Pearl's, about bear hunting up in Maine, and some of these guys go to bakeries and buy dozens of pounds of old donuts and pastries, and then they put them in barrels and wait for a bear to show up. To me, that just seems wrong. I don't even know if people eat bear meat anyway. Some might say they do it to control the bear population. I wouldn't be in a position to comment about that, because I do not live in a wooded area. But the guys who hunt using tricks like that, just to get a bear pelt, or trophy, well................not my thing at all.

But, this morning I am trying to trap and kill crickets. I certainly need to reduce the cricket population in my apartment. What I really need is a cat to chase them out!

Anyhow, it's a back-and-forth morn, taking Pearl to the hair salon at 11:30. But I will be around in the afternoon for a bit. Tonight is the Cinematheque. We are gonna see a movie called "Ali - Fear Eats The Soul". It is one of Fassbinder's more famous works. I've never seen it, and used to think, because of the title, that it was about Muhammad Ali, but I see that it's not. Anyway, that's tonight. I will check in before then.

I hope your morn, or early afternoon by now, is going well. You are awesome and I Love You! You have the Biggest Heart of all.   :):)

(back in a bit......)

4pm : I am gonna head back to Pearl's in a minute, so I wanted to say hi before I left. That "Outer Limits" episode I posted used to scare the living daylights out of me when I was a little kid, which was why I made that comment, lol. Back then, whenever it was on TV, I could never watch it all the way through, and that's probably why I love it now. :) I know, I know, I'm a goofy individual.

I was thinking of you all afternoon, my Darling, and really feeling close to you. I can't wait until we can do everything together. That is my total focus. I Love You So Much, Elizabeth.

Tonight's film has a normal running time (unlike last week), so I'll be home about 9:30. I send you many hugs and kisses until then.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)  My Angel.

11pm : I am happy, cause just now, as I was finishing the rest of my walk (delayed by the movie), I got to see the CSUN Raccoons. I was going past the orange grove, and all of a sudden this critter went scurrying across the access road. At first I thought it was a possum. We have a lot more of those than we do raccoons, and they have a similar waddle. But then I noticed the bushy tail, and the stripes, and when the critter got to the other side of the road, it turned to look at me and I saw the bandit mask. I took a step closer and talked to her like you'd talk to a cat or dog. You know, animal talk like "It's okay, Mrs. Raccoon, it's just me", in a "kitty-kitty" voice. I use the feminine because in the few times I've seen the raccoons, I always have seen an adult with cubs, and I've assumed the adult was the mother. This time, I wondered where her kids were, and then............suddenly one ran across the street to catch up with Mom.

And then............(after another 15 seconds or so).........another one crossed the street and joined the family.
They are so light on their feet when they run. They are also very cautious. Every time I've seen them emerge from the storm drain, Mom comes first, after thoroughly checking the surroundings. The children come only when the coast is 100% clear. This time, they ran right past me, within ten feet, so that made me happy, like they trusted me. :) I am loving all my critter encounters lately : The Black Kitty, and now the CSUN Raccoons. As for the Kitty, boy does that cat ever put away the chow. Every time I put her bowl out, the food is gone within a half hour. She won't come out while I am placing the food, but only after I leave. Then she eats it all. Well, these are nice encounters.

Tonight's film was a melodrama about an unusual couple, an older German woman and a younger man, a Morroccan immigrant to Germany. It was good, though a bit tragic, different in style from the other Fassbinder films I've seen so far.

Really what I've been doing all through the day, whether I was watching the film or meeting the raccoons, was thinking of you, and wishing you were with me, and then........imagining it to be so.

I suppose it could be said that we are an unusual couple, too. We have an age difference, though to me it is in number only. It's like I was born in 1960, and you were born in 1992, but so what..............we are two highly developed souls in the Universe who were destined to meet.

We are psychically and emotionally attuned to one another. We have a method of communication that we developed - purely on intuition and symbol. Those aspects make us unusual, or more precisely : something other than usual. So we are not "unusual", but rather we are "not usual".

We are not usual, my Dear and Darling Elizabeth, in that we love and care for one another all the time, each and every day. Not all couples have that or do that. Not even close.

So, if we are unusual, those are the aspects that make us so. You are in my heart night and day, and when I see raccoons at night, you are with me. When I see a film, you are with me. When I drive to a concert, you are with me.

And I am with you, all the time, to love you, support you, and to just be there for you in every way.

In every way.

I Love You, Elizabeth, and today was a very good day, a wonderful day, with thoughts of us together.

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment