Thursday, October 24, 2013

Salons (I Love You) :):) (I'm Back) (An Art Couple)

Good Morning, my Angel,

Today is a lot of back-and-forth between the Dog Salon and the Pearl Salon, and the Dog Salon is out in Chatsworth, so I am in the car a lot. I will be back in the afternoon from about 2:30 or so, maybe 3pm. I hope you are enjoying your day, and I see it has warmed up in Middleton at least a few degrees. Here's to a nice Halloween week in both our towns! I will be back in a while, but I wanted to say Hi and that I Love You.  Many hugs and kisses :  xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a while...)

3pm : I am back. Lotsa traffic, glad to be out of the car Now I can relax for a little bit. Tonight is movie night, they are gonna show a Fassbinder called "Effi Briest", which I haven't seen, so that should be interesting. The running time is 2hrs 20mins, and add another 20 minutes for the professor's commentary, which means I'll be getting home close to 10pm or maybe a few minutes after. I will be bringing you with me to the movie, so it will be a date in spirit for us.

I Love You, Elizabeth!

I'll be back to check in just before I go back to Pearl's. Many more hugs and kisses in the meantime.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo........xxxxxxxx..........ooooooooo.........xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

4:10pm : Okay, my Baby, I am off to Pearl's. Soon I should have my new, 2nd Chromebook to use there so I can keep in touch during work hours again. I will see you later tonight, around 10. Have a great evening!

10:15pm : I am glad to be back. The movie was very good, with tremendous art direction and b&w cinematography, great acting, all the usuals from Fassbinder. But it was very slow paced, and because of it's length, and grim subject matter, that made it seem even slower. "Effie Breist" is the story of a 17 year old girl in Germany, forced into marriage with an older politician, who winds up having an affair. In that respect, it has dramaric elements in common with "Anna Karenina" and "Madame Bovary". It's all about the repression of 19th century Germany, and especially the repression (and suppression) of women. Grim stuff, though excellent in all ways. Just real slooooooooowwwwww.

I will eat real quick and then be back in just a few.  :):)

11pm : I am thinking that we will not be candidates for a motion picture love story. Because we will be kind to each other, we will communicate, we will support each other and make each other happy. There will be no dramatic conflict, in other words, no tragedy, and so no one will write a movie about us.

But - we will be an Art Couple. We will be one of those couples where we are both in the living room, and one of us is painting, or reading a book, and the other one is playing an instrument, and we are drinking our evening tea, and the light is changing in the room because it is early evening. We will be one of those couples who can have long conversations, or say very little because we understand each other psychically, something you and I have already established. That was one of the first features of our Miracle, the way we connected through our minds. We will be one of those Art Couples, who understand each other, who know each other's moves, who are individuals and yet a joined-at-the-hip couple at the same time.

We are fortunate to live in an era of artistic expression that has examined the past, and moved beyond past social mistakes. Because of that, we are neither repressed - like people in past eras - nor are we reckless, like the Hippies of the 60s. We get the best of all worlds, because of what we know to avoid, and because we have the confidence and responsibility to be ourselves. Love is the key, and it is a strong love, an intelligent love. It is an intuitive love that needs no outside input. We understand us, and that's all that matters.

In so many of the dramas of the past and present, in real life and in books and movies, society plays a role in the lives of individuals, and in marriages. That was a big theme in this movie tonight. "What will society think"? Many relationships are influenced from the outside, and that is because love is a powerful attractor. Not everyone will ever know love, and so many will attach themselves to a true love between two people, and will try to exert influence on that love. That is what dramas like "Effie Briest" are all about.

Society is fine for basic human functioning, because it is nearly impossible for individuals to survive alone or in small groups. But societies also develop behavioral patterns in individuals, such as envy, resentment, and desire to influence or interject. Many couples fall prey to such negative influence.

But we are strong, happy, creative and intelligent, and so we will be one of those Art Couples, where people just go - "That's them".

"There they go...".

And we will be sitting in our living room, working on our projects, talking or just thinking, and understanding each other, Two Spirits In Harmony.

I Love You, my Darling, and I will see you in the morn. Tomorrow I will be around most of the day.

xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment