Saturday, October 5, 2013

Our Garden (I'm Home) (Polytopes)

Good Morning, my Angel,

That is a very beautiful painting by Monet. Wouldn't it be amazing to visit the exact spot now, and other Monet locations, to see if they are still intact? Oh, how I would love to be in such a garden with you, an Artist's Garden. And we shall be. Just remember that "thought creates reality" as they say. Or you can call it Intention. Our reality is an Artistic one, and we are already living it by what we think and do. And though we are already doing it together, the day is coming when we will be together as well. We are creating that reality.

Very nice pictures you took of your friend, as well. You are the "go to" photographer for your friends, and they know you will always make them look good. In these pictures today, I like the use of the red-tinged leaves to frame her face. That is a great touch.

My sister is finally coming over, for the first time since Pearl's birthday back in August. So, I am gonna meet her for shopping at 11:30. I will probably be back here for at least an hour before I head to Pearl's, so I should be back in the 2:30 to 3pm range. It is a day of good thoughts and artistic moods, and we can feel it.
I know you can, because I am feeling it with you as I type.

It is so wonderful to share these things with you. You are my Artist and I Love You!

.....and I will see you in just a little while.  :):)

6:50pm : I'm home, Sweet Lady. I see the picture you posted, and it looks like those girls are at The Grove, which is a popular shopping area in West L.A., just south of Hollywood, kinda near Beverly Hills. It's in a part of town that is called The Fairfax District, named after Fairfax Avenue, an old L.A. street. The Grove opened about ten years ago, right next to the Farmer's Market, which was a big shopping destination in the 60s and 70s. Farmer's Market was all food, and The Grove is everything; restaurants, movie theaters, shops. Both Farmer's Market and The Grove are outdoors. I have never been to The Grove, so I will have to check it out.
I like the caption on that photo, "LA lovin' with the best". The best would include you and me, naturally. :)
If you were to visit here, we could pretty much drive in any direction and I could show you a ton of stuff, and you would discover which parts were your favorites. But it would be a blast to show you!  :):)

Today was a hot one, a blast of hot air. Santa Anas are blowing. Our summer usually lasts til Halloween. I measure it by when I have to put on a sweatshirt for the first time. Once in a while we make it til Thanksgiving.

I just checked Middleton weather, and it looks like you are still enjoying pretty nice weather. You are about where we will be in a month, about upper 60s to low 70s. Maybe a little rain. Most of our rain, when we get it, comes in late January through February. Sometimes we go a few years without much rain, but then we get what they call an El Nino pattern, and it pours and pours.

But right now, both our towns are beautiful, and I bet the leaves are turning in Wisconsin, or just about to, and that must be a lovely and colorful sight. I love Fall. Maybe not quite as much as Summer, but there is something special about it, something mysterious but in a good way.

I will go for my walk in a little while and then come back and write some more, at the usual time. I'm still thinking about the concert. It was really great. The best will be when we go see them together.

(back in a little bit......)

11pm: Just chillin' again tonight, browsing various books and websites. I am always looking for avenues of study and inspiration. I bought another book as a result of Joe Farrell. It's called "Regular Polytopes", written by a Canadian math professor named Harold Coxeter. He was born about a hundred years ago. Farrell recommended his book because he said it somewhat clarifies fourth dimensional geometry. Humans can't visualise the fourth dimension, but it can be represented mathematically, or drawn two dimensionally. There are Youtube animated vids that project the rotating, "inside out" hypercube, and that is about as close as one can get to a visual idea.

About ten years ago, I bought a book called "The Road To Reality", by a guy named Roger Penrose, who is a mathematics professor at Oxford. I still have yet to finish that book, because I was thrown off by the extreme nature of the equations. I did really well in math through algebra, and then I threw in the towel, because the language of the increasingly abstract equations failed to hold my interest. I am mostly a right brainer, and so I process information all at once, rather than step by step.

But now I am doing something different, which is just to read the equations with no intention of understanding them, just to let my brain process the symbolism. If you visualise something, it is then in your system. Now, the reason I love Joe Farrell's books so much is because he has a genius for distilling the art and magic from science and invention and history. For an intuitive person like myself, he can write in such a way that "puts the fourth dimension in your brain", so that your mind sort of "develops a muscle" for it. Like when you lift weights, you develop a muscle, it pops out. And when you read Farrell - certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but my life path led me to him - you develop a muscle for alchemical, metaphysical, yet still scientific and mathematical thinking. Artistic Science, for right brainers. So now, having finished a few of his books over the Summer, I am "looking at" (rather then strictly reading) books like "Regular Polytopes" which he recommended, just to put the information into my brain.

Big fun for a Saturday night, I know.  :D

But in the life path sense, for me, it really is big fun! (lol)

For me, because I am studying all of this stuff from a right brain perspective, I can utilise whatever is the end result for creative purposes, because I want to get to the point where, whatever I do creatively, I am running on mostly intuition. Intuition with a pre-programmed understanding (or attempted understanding) of the format, of what is being intuited.

Yeah, I know that on the surface it sounds like a bunch of jibberish, haha, but when you take all these different disciplines, the ones that interest me like geology, archeology, astronomy, astrology, anthropology, and all the sub-disciplines each one can be broken down into, they really form a whole, an all-encompassing study of "who, what, where, when and why".

What you learn, internally, is that intuition, when it is highly developed, and aided by the type of long term study I am describing, goes beyond any type of "instructive" (i.e. formulaic or equative) method of study in helping one to understand the point where artistic expression goes inside the Life Experience, rather than examining or depicting it from the outside.

It would be like photographing what's behind the light.

Of course, that's just an abstract concept, but you can train your brain to think that way, or at least to have that tool in it's toolbox. And it's like practicing an instrument or lifting weights. Both involve a form of memorisation. When you start to combine all your artistic disciplines with your philosophies, studies and intuitive considerations, you begin to think and focus in a new way.

You begin to think towards the fourth dimension, not in a scientific way, but in an artistic one, to try and express what it means to you. All of the information you process gets you to this artistic point.

And that's all I know for tonight.

I will see you in the morning, my Angel.

Sweet Dreams......

I Love You.   :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment