Saturday, October 19, 2013

Going To Boeing (My Mermaid!) (Mermaid Movie?) (Field Lab)

Okay, Sweet Baby, I am off to the Field Lab. I don't know how much of the cool stuff will be left since I first took the tour in 2010. They're in a ten year long process of cleaning up the toxic mess and also tearing down a lot of the old Rocketdyne stuff, because they are eventually gonna turn it into a park. But hopefully they'll still have a rocket test stand or two. Unfortunately, I can't take any pictures. It's against the rules, probably because it was a Department Of Defense facility. Well, here I go. I'll be back this eve at 6:45. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxo  :):)


4:05pm : Hey there, Mermaid Girl,

If you come with me to the beach, I'll turn you into a Mermaid, too!  :)
We got done with the tour a few minutes early, so I wanted to stop at home to say hi and tell you that I Love You. Now I've gotta head over to Pearl's, but I'll be back at 6:45 to tell you a little about the tour. See you in just a little bit.......   :):)

6:50pm : Hmmm..........now wait a minute.......... :)

I was thinking about Mermaid Girl while I was over at Pearl's, and I was wondering if maybe we should go over to the lagoon at Corriganville Park. You and me, cause you're my Mermaid, and we'll make a movie. It'll be about a guy who discovers a Mermaid living in a lake and falls in love with her. Can Mermaids live in lakes? Well, ours can. And we'll film all the underwater scenes at the Corriganville Lagoon. Hey! - maybe we can even have him rescue her from The Creature From The Black Lagoon!

What's that you're saying? Oh..........okay. You're saying that she should rescue him from The Creature, since she's aquatic anyway. Okay. That's a good storyline. So, you grab a camera and I'll start filling the lagoon with water, and I'll meet you at Corriganville Park.

My Ingenious Mermaid!

(back after my walk)

11pm : The tour was a good one today, we got to see a couple more things that I hadn't seen on my previous two tours. It's really impressive to look at those rocket test stands. But it is also interesting to look at them as they stand now, unused for many years, and standing in silent testimony to what was accomplished. I always like situations or locations where you can get a feel for something, and you certainly can at the Field Lab. As to the nuclear meltdown, I have heard it described by both sides, and I believe the people at the Field Lab. I have lived in the area all my life, and there has never been any indication of a massive health problem in the area, ala Chernobyl. Now Fukushima, that is a serious meltdown.

There was a reported cancer outbreak in the Chatsworth area in the 80s and 90s, and that was no doubt related to all the chemicals that soaked into the groundwater. It is 100% true that in the 1950s and 60s, when they were doing most of the rocket tests, little consideration was given to environmental issues. But when you take the tour, you can see for yourself all the effort Boeing and the Federal government are putting out to clean up the site. The standards are very stringent, and as our tour guide told us, it will take decades to get all the chemicals out of the bedrock (the same sandstone that you see in my pictures, which extends 2000 feet down). Above all, it is an amazing place representing an amazing time. Like all of the surrounding area, it was inhabited by the Indians for centuries, and then in the late 40s came the rocketeers, many of whom were former Nazi scientists like Werner Von Braun, so there are all kinds of vibes up there.

But the test stands themselves give the truest testimony, of experimentation and exploration on a massive scale, all the way to the Moon.

When I came back to my apt. this eve, the place was full of crickets. As they used to say, "You'd think if they can send a man to the Moon, they could......(name your example)". My example would be crickets. "You'd think if they could send a man to the Moon, they could think of a sure-fire way to get rid of crickets".
But it turns out that those bugs - maybe all bugs - are pretty smart. So far, my traps have trapped no crickets, though I have trapped several on my own, under cups and bowls. I am in a full blown Cricket War. I hope it doesn't last as long as the Afghan War. More importantly, I hope I don't have to start pulling all my stuff out of the closet, moving furniture, etc., in search of potential cricket nests. Please God, no. :)

So far, I haven't seen any kind of swarm. Just a steady stream, for the last week or so, of five to ten nightly. Many I have caught. But somewhere there are a whole lot of 'em, probably behind the wall somewhere.

Where there is a will, however, there is a way. I will keep the rocket scientists in mind as I think of ways to get rid of my unwanted houseguests. Maybe I can send them to the Moon. :)

Well, it was a good day, my Darling. I trust yours was good, too. Badgers cleaned up on Illinois and I won 16 points. I am so happy as we get into this Fall season, and toward Halloween and the Holidays. To be with you during this time is very special to me. I wanted to say that in your pictures of your friends (the couple) from yesterday, the hillside location is so picturesque, and it reminded me of an Artist's Garden of sorts. And I thought of the Monet, and the couple in that painting........and I thought of us, of course.

I Love You, Elizabeth. You are a wonderful lady and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

I will see you in the morn. Sweet Dreams until then!  xoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment