Friday, October 18, 2013

Hey Baby! :) (Full Moon) (Beautiful Pictures) (A Great Day)

Hi Sweet Baby! I am getting ready to head back to Pearl's, but I wanted to wish you a TGIF and send you a hug and a kiss before I go. I went back to Corriganville Park this morn, sans Dog this time so I could take some photos. I posted a few on FB. It is an awesome park, maybe my favorite so far. Took my film camera, too, so I will be excited to see how those pics come out. I hope you are enjoying the start of the weekend. I will be back at 6:45 and will write more later. You Rule and I Love You!!  :):)

P.S. Don't forget to check the partial eclipse of the Full Moon tonight.

7:05pm : Okay, my Darling - good news! They put that Chromebook deal back up on Groupon, so I just bought one for 150 bucks. I love these things; they're fast, super efficient, and super cheap! So now I have two of 'em, one for here at home and one for Pearl's, and I'll be connected again during work hours just as soon as they ship it out to me. So that's great, cause those are good hours. :)
me
Did you see the Moon tonight? It's hyoooge! I don't know what time the eclipse will happen, so I will Google it, and then adjust my walk accordingly (as long as it's before about 9:30). And I will be back later with more. I Love My Baby! :):)

9:30pm : I just got back from my walk. The moon was pretty awesome; it was kind of hard to see the penumbral effect, but it was beautiful anyway. And Elizabeth, speaking of beautiful things, I want to tell you that those are lovely photos you took of your friends, the couple. I didn't want to press the "like" button because they are personal photos, but they really are wonderful. What a nice thing to put into the world, you know? You really captured the feeling they obviously have for each other. The setting is perfect, too. Just wonderful pictures they are. So, God Bless You and your friends for creating such a good thing. :)

I Love You So Much, You Make Me So Happy!  :):)

(back in a few minutes)

11pm : I am listening to an album I hadn't even thought of for decades, much less listened to. It is called "Twice Removed From Yesterday" by Robin Trower, who is most well known for his "Bridge Of Sighs" album. "Twice" was his first album, released in 1973, and it would have been one of the very first albums I ever bought, when I started buying albums. The guitar work and vocals were both stellar - it's a classic album, really - but 13 year old me was more interested, at the time, in either the harder stuff like Deep Purple, or the more progressive stuff like ELP, or Glam Rock like Mott The Hoople. Robin Trower was pure Blues Rock. Some of my friends give me a hard time, because I have never been a big fan of The Blues. "But rock is based on the Blues"!, they'll say. That may be true for many types of rock, but even in the bluesy types I like, the bands have taken the format and expanded upon it. To me, pure blues sounds like the same thing, over and over. I realise I am in the minority in disliking blues (I love Soul Music & Motown, however).

Having said that, this Trower album - which I have not heard in close to 40 years - sounds fantastic. And that's because it still has the indelible ingredients it had when I first bought it, but now the music is not competing with 100 other things for my attention. It's still not something I'd listen to all the time, but my goodness.........they just don't make guitarists like Robin Trower anymore, or singers like James Dewar.

Well, today was a great day, my Angel. We both got some great pictures, shared good feelings, experienced the full moon, and now we will go into a good weekend. I put 16 points on the Badgers against Illinois. Again, I'd have put more, but the point spread is pretty high. :) UCLA is playing Stanford, so they've got their hands full, too.
Tomorrow, I am gonna go on a tour of the Santa Susana Field Lab. That is a location up in the Chatsworth mountains that was once the site of Rocketdyne, where they tested rocket engines for the NASA space program. I've been on tour twice before, in 2010 and 2011. It's really cool, if you are a space junkie like me, because you get to see all the rocket test sites, and even a location where there was a nuclear meltdown in the late 1950s. Right now, the site is owned by Boeing, and there is a huge environmental cleanup going on up there because of all the toxic chemicals that spilled into the ground over the years. The tour is safe, so no problem there. But I like to be part of these things, just to experience the history. The space program was a major part of American life once. Hopefully they will bring it back one day. :)

The tour is from 1 to 4pm, and then I have my Pearl shift, so I'll be back in the evening, at 6:45. And soon I will have my second Chromebook at Pearl's.

The feeling today was just wonderful, Elizabeth. You knocked it out of the park with those pictures.

I Love You With All My Heart, and I will see you in the morn. I will check in before I leave for the tour.

Sweet Dreams.       xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment