Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Grand Canyon! (let's go......) (so-so pictures)

Good Morning, my Angel,

Today is Tuesday, so that means back-and-forth, to Golden Agers at 11am (as soon as I finish typing this), then up to Walgreen's to drop off my two year old film, then I may drive out to Chatsworth just to see what I can see, not enough time for a real expedition, but I can do one tomorrow. Then back to Walgreen's to pick up my pictures, then back to Golden Agers to get Pearl at 2pm. Then I'll be home for a while, from about 2:30 to 4:15.

I am sorry to hear that you got your iPod stolen. Did you mean iPad or iPod? I ask because it was in reference to your getting the new iPhone. Well, whichever it was, that really sucks, and maybe it explains your "bad day" post from Sunday? I'm just guessing. That would certainly qualify as a bad day. Man, I hate criminals.

Well, this will be a good week anyway. And I saw your post of the picture from the Grand Canyon. That is definitely on our Must See list! Have you been there? I haven't (that goes without saying, I know). But, it's only 450 miles from here, about a 7 or 8 hour drive, depending if you stop on the way. Boy, would I love to see it! Wanna come with me?  :)

I'm off to Pearl's now. Back in the 2:30 range. Have a great early afternoon, I Love You!  :):)

2:35pm : Aw, shucks. My film pictures are mostly a bust. I don't know if it's because the film expired in 2008, or if it's because it sat in the camera for two years, or what, but most of the 36 exposures came back looking washed out and grainy. I thought, "Maybe it's the Walgreen's One Hour Photo processing", because in the past, though they are mostly good, I have gotten back a couple rolls of iffy looking pictures where the color was off. But with this set, there are three or four good ones mixed in with all the bad ones, so I don't know what the problem is. Maybe my camera battery is old.........but then there would be a warning light, I believe. When I can get over to CSUN, I will post one or two of the good pics. I had a picture disc made, and CSUN is the only place that still has a few older model desktops that accept discs. I did go out to Garden Of The Gods for a few minutes, and also Chatsworth Park North, and I brought my Pentax with me (my beloved cam that shot so many great pix in the 90s). Now it has a roll of black and white in it, and I shot one photo at each location. When this roll is eventually developed, we will see if there is still an exposure problem. But I am thinking it had something to do with the old, outdated film, even though I know people sometimes use expired film deliberately. But my film was exposed to heat, too, so.............

Anyhow, I'm home now till 4:15, then back at 6:45.  :):)

11:20pm : Not much to report this evening. I'm listening to Emperor "Prometheus", the perfect music to get ready to go to sleep by. :) Tomorrow morn, I'll take Pearl to her Crafts Group at Reseda Womens Club, and then I may go back to Stagecoach Trail to try and find this passageway called "The Devil's Slide". I'm not entirely sure yet, cause I don't know exactly where it is, and I only have a couple hours. If I don't go, I will check in right when I get home from Pearl's.

I Love You!     xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment