Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Morn With The Kobester (Valley Relics Museum) (The Black Kitty)

Good Morning, my Angel,

Today I am back-and-forth a little bit. I dropped Pearl off at Church for an all afternoon Country Store boutique sale, so she will be there til 2:30. Meanwhile I am gonna take my buddy up to CSUN (he gets two CSUNs this weekend!), and also do some shopping on my own, cause I don't know if my sister is coming over or not. So, I just wanted to wish you a nice morning and tell you that I Love You. I will be back in the 3pm range, and will pop in before then if Vickie does not come over. See you in a bit. Go Badgers!  :):)

3:10pm : I'm home. Vickie never did come over, so after I took Kobi to CSUN, I drove over to Chatsworth to catch the opening of The Valley Relics Museum. If you remember that selfie photo of me from last April, when I visited the Chatsworth Nature Preserve, I am wearing a Valley Relics t-shirt in that pic. There were a couple hundred people there. The Channel 7 news was there, the cameraman took some footage of me taking pics inside the museum, so I might be on the news this eve. Tommy Gelinas is a local businessman who has been collecting Valley artifacts and memoribilia for a while now, and he finally had enough stuff to open his museum. It's not a huge amount of stuff just yet, but it will grow given time, and I am so glad that somebody has finally decided - and has the resources to - preserve our history here in the Valley. People have said that everything here is disposable or transitory, because so many strip malls have replaced original, independently owned businesses, and as a result the Valley has lost some of it's character from the 1950s through the 1980s. Also, some of the snobbier L.A. people have looked down on the Valley, but really it's a great place with great history, so I am glad some of that history is being preserved.

Well, I am gonna put some groceries away, then head back to Pearl's at 4:15. I hope you are enjoying your Saturday, my Darling. I will write more this evening. I Love You So Very Much!  :):)

11:15pm : We sort of have a kitty now. Back in Fall 2010, I think it was in October, too, I rescued a small black kitten out of a tree in Pearl's backyard. It was significant enough that I wrote a Myspace blog about it, because it took me all day to get that kitten out of the tree. Briefly, what happened was that the cat was in Pearl's backyard, and Kobi chased her up the tree. It was the typical "should I call the Fire Department" situation. This tiny cat was so far up the tree that she couldn't get down, so I tried to help her. But even with a ladder, I couldn't quite reach her. At the top of the ladder I was still more than an arm's length away. I didn't know what to do. I tried getting a broom, to nudge her into coming toward me. Nothing doing. All she did was hunker down even tighter. Hours went by, and it was getting dark. She was mewing like crazy. I knew I couldn't leave her up there all night. Finally it hit me - food.

Animals love food! (just like people  ;)

We didn't have any cat food on hand, but we had some dog food, so I took the can and climbed the ladder again. When I got to the top, I stretched out my arm and put the can of dog food as close to the cat as I could. Then I froze myself, so that no sudden motion would spook the already timid kitty. After a couple of minutes, she inched downward on a steeply inclined branch, with claws digging in all the way. I was just waiting for her to get to the point where I could grab her nape. It took a few more minutes, and some coaxing, but I finally got that kitten to come close enough to the can of dog food so that I could grab her by the nape of her neck and pull her from the tree.

When I got her down, after several hours, I gave her some dog food because I figured she was pretty hungry.

In the last couple years, that kitty has gotten a little bigger (though she is still skinny as a stick), and she still makes the rounds through Pearl's backyard. Lately, she has taken to sitting on top of a tool shed in the backyard. We can see her up there from the driveway when I bring Pearl home from church or an appointment. She's been sitting up there so much that I figured I'd put a bowl of milk out for her. I put it on top of the shed, so she would easily see it. That was Thursday afternoon. Since then, I've put three bowls of milk out for the Black Kitty. That's what we call her. Every time I put milk out, it's gone a few hours later. So this morning, while I was shopping, I bought a can of cat food. I took another bowl and put some of the food on top of the shed, right next to the milk bowl. I am betting it will be gone in the morning.

I don't know if the Black Kitty remembers being stuck in Pearl's tree. That was three years ago, and she was just a tiny kitten then. I'm certainly not trying to lure somebody's cat away from their home. But the Black Kitty has been hanging out so much - every time I look, she's up on that shed - that I figured it couldn't hurt to put some milk out for her. And now some food.

So, I think we've got us a kitty. Sort of, anyway.  :)

I hope your weekend is a good one so far, and that everything is going well in general. You know I always love to hear from you. That goes without saying.

Sweet Dreams, my Darling. I will see you in the morning.     xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment