Monday, January 6, 2014

I Love My Baby! (Black Kitty) (In My Heart)

Hi, my Beautiful Angel! I am glad to hear from you once again (but then, I always am). I just now saw your post, here at Pearl's. I just got done feeding the Black Kitty and the Kobedog, and now I am trying to track down a prescription for Pearl. Her doctor is the worst; getting him to call in a refill is like pulling teeth.

But, I've been thinking about you all day. Wishing we were together as always. I see at weather.com that you are gonna get a break in a couple days. I sure hope that's correct. It says that the temp will go back up to the 20s or 30s, still cold but not Arctic. Hang in there, and know that my heart is always with you. I love you so much, Elizabeth.

Nothing can stop us! We are like the U.S Postal Service : "Neither wind, nor rain, nor twenty below.....", or whatever. So take, that, Jack Frost!

Well, I've gotta get back on the phone to find that Rx, but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinkin' of you, I love you, and I'm glad to hear from you. You are my Darling.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a while)

7:10pm : Good Evening, Sweet Baby! Well, that's The Black Kitty (if you saw my FB photo). She's semi-feral, although I've made some progress recently. Before, as recently as early December, she'd run back into the shed when she saw me coming to feed her. If you see that warped-looking roof directly to the right of her in the photo, that is the hole that she uses as an entry into the shed. And it's beyond cute - before, when she was super-timid, she'd peek out of that hole, and all you could see was her little face and two green eyes. Then she'd wait in there until I put the food out, and she'd wait for me to leave before coming out. But recently I've made strides by talking "kitty talk" to her, and standing real still with my hand out. So now, she'll come right up to me, and do a Cat Stretch, or a Back Arch, like she'd like to be petted. But when I reach out to pet her, she still backs away. She's also done that super-quick Cat Boxing thing where she sticks out her paw and swings it at me, really fast. So she wants to be friendly, and wants to play, and we're making progress.

She's gotta be the same kitty I rescued out of Pearl's backyard tree back in October 2010. I wrote a Myspace blog about it a few years ago. The Kobedog had chased her up a tree, and she was stuck very, very high. She was just a tiny kitten then. I had to use a ladder and broom to reach her, and even then it took me all day to get her out of that tree. So I don't know if she has been living in Pearl's yard the whole time, or what. Maybe she's just been living in the neighborhood and eating other cat's food. But ever since about last September, when I noticed her in the shed, I've been putting food out for her, and here we are.

I'd like to make her into a full-fledged pet, but we'll see how it proceeds. Anyway, that's her!

(back in a bit)

11pm : I hope you and your family are hanging in there, and that your house is nice and warm. One thing is sure, you will have a story to tell for the rest of your life, experiencing something like this. If I were there, I'd like to be holding you, and you holding me, to keep us both warm, knowing that we are always safe in each other's arms. I'll be thinking of you, my Baby, and holding you in my heart all night. When the weather warms up, everything will be new again, and exciting. There will be much to see and do. This year is gonna be great.

I Love You, Elizabeth. I'm right here, and you can always count on me.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment