Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January (Beer) (Love)

Good Afternoon, my Angel,

I'm just getting home from picking Pearl up from Golden Agers. Gonna hang out til 3:30, then do part of my walk. If weather.com is correct (and they'd better be!), it looks like you will be getting a break starting Thursday, and then especially through Sunday, when it says the temp will go up to 40 degrees. God Bless America! You are obviously well aware of this weather forecast, but I share it with you because I am rooting for it to happen, too.

This early part of January kinda sucks, post-Christmas and all, trying to kick-start the New Year in depressing light quality and sub-zero temps. I can see why some people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. But, one good thing - we are getting an extra minute of light every day. January will be in our rear-view mirror before you know it. In the meantime........(let's see, what can you do?).......hmmmmm.......well, you can watch movies, read, eat, play guitar, eat, take naps.........wait a minute - that's what I do.

Well, you can do something similar. Just to take your mind off January. It ain't the greatest month.

I'm on Usual Schedule for the rest of the day. Thinking of you 24/7.

I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7:50pm : Hey, Sweet Baby. Just hangin' at home. I was listening to the Lakers lose another game. I still love 'em, but........it's not supposed to be like this. Not for the Lakers. Yeah, it's only sports, I know. I should've watched a movie instead. I saw the photo of the girl with the beer. Does she represent the earlier topic of "things to do in January"? I say Good Idea! If you like beer, that is. I know it's not always a Girl Thing, but then you are a Wisconsonite, so.............ya gotta like beer. 

I'll tell ya, we have a store here called Total Wine. They have about a trillion different wines there, but ironically I go there for beer. And for several years in a row, during Holiday season, they have had a beer from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee called "Holiday Spice". It's got weird ingredients like cinnamon, orange zest, clove and honey. Doesn't sound like it would work, right? But it does, and I've been buying it at Holiday time for the last few years. It's strong - what they call a Winter Warmer, but boy does it ever hit the spot! Especially for California Winter Wimps like myself. So I know I can count on Wisconsin for a beer to keep me from freezing.

Well, I'll go for the rest of my walk now and check back in later. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:10 : I am listening to Wilhelm Kempff, always a good way to end the day. I hope you are warm and comfortable. I know (cause Pearl told me) that Midwest houses are built differently than homes out here, to withstand severe weather. I know that my apartment building would definitely not hold up to what you are dealing with, with it's thin walls and doors and windows that don't seal well. At any rate, my girl, I am pulling for you, and for things to change in your favor. Stay with your Good Things in the meantime. I'm always here and I love you, as you know. I'll see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment