Friday, January 31, 2014

My Love (love and warmth)

Good Afternoon, my Baby, and Happy Friday,

I sure loved the Kathryn Pearcy photo this morning. What a wonderful way to start the day! I love you so much, Elizabeth, and I'm glad you can feel it. It makes me very happy to know you feel the same way. :):)

I've just been hanging out most of the afternoon. Got the place cleaned up, then watched a really weird little horror film from the 1940s : "Night Monster" from Universal Studios. Uni made great horror movies in that era. Some were really obscure, like this one, and I am always looking for ones I haven't seen.

Nice to know that the Agalloch record will be out in a few months. Really looking forward to it.

Tonight I am gonna go to the Hilary Hahn concert at Disney Hall. She is playing with an orchestra this time, just as the guest soloist instead of a recital, a concerto by a composer named Carl Neilsen, whom I do not know. The program won't be as long as a recital, but there will probably be a piece by the orchestra alone, too. I should be home by 11:30 - Midnight. You may be asleep, but I will check in anyway cause I love you.

Gonna head to Pearl's in a few minutes. Hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : I'm back home. It was a good concert, an all Nordic program with a really trippy opening piece called "King Tide" by a composer named Hillborg (don't know first name). It sounded like a symphonic version of something Tangerine Dream might do, like rhythmic ocean waves slowly building and ebbing. The Neilsen concerto was nice, with great playing by Hilary. Then the orchestra played a really dynamic version of Sibelius' 2nd Symphony, and I recognized it from KUSC. I realised how much I enjoy symphonic music. It's incredible how so many musicians can play in synch and with such nuance and feeling. The conductor was a guest, a Russian guy, and it's always fun to watch the conductor lead the players. Hilary just does her own thing, listening to the orchestra and playing off them instead of the conductor, but the whole thing is pretty incredible. Crowd was kinda laid back, but then it's always older people.

I saw your post before I left Pearl's, about the cold, and I want you to know that, even though I can't empathize cause I'm not going through it, I certainly sympathize. I know how hard it is for me, a Southern California Valley Boy, just to go through weeks of low 30 degree temps like we had last year. That is nothing compared to what you are dealing with, and still.........it was cold! So I can appreciate the hardship you are dealing with, my girl - and it is a hardship, just the same as any other difficulty when people deal with extreme weather. Also, I don't know how well houses can insulate against extreme cold. I wrote before about my thin-walled Northridge apt not being able to keep out 30 degree cold last year. I know your houses in the Midwest are built for it, but still - below zero is really difficult.

I can imagine the waiting for it to end, and I know it's not easy. I wish you were here with me. I also know that there are parts of the experience that are (at least a little bit) exciting, like the stargazing, braving the cold, etc. But generally, I know it's gotta be tough, and so I am everyday with you and sending you love and strength and warmth. And......wishing you were here. We've got our own problems with drought, and the weather seems to be going crazy all over the world, but still............

I just want you to know that I am with you, not physically in the cold - and I know how much it sucks - but I am with you in the Connection that we share, and the more we share it, the more we rise above all obstacles and bear all difficulties together. That's what is meant by "for better or worse", so if ever you need anything from me, I am always ready to give it. But moral support is constant, because I know this Winter has not been easy.

Spring will be coming your way, Elizabeth, and it will be beautiful.

I Love You and will see you in the morn. Love and warmth to you, my Darling.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment