Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Just Wondering :) (Sweet Dreams)

Hi, my Darling. I'm just getting home from Pearl's. We took the Kobester to the vet for a follow-up blood test, and he's doing pretty good. Today was a milestone with the Black Kitty, too. She allowed me to pet her, just one time. She's been getting braver, and as I said she's been coming right up to me when I put her food out, and even doing the Cat Stretch like she wanted to be petted. But today was the first time she actually let me. I put my palm out, like I've been doing, and she turned her neck toward me and allowed a single pet. Then she backed away and wanted her food, lol. But, we again made progress! :)

I saw your post this afternoon, the Peter Hollens one. Of course, I know you haven't been posting much lately, and that's why I'd been sort of jokingly asking about it. I didn't know if the weather had gotten you down (which would certainly be understandable), or if you were busy, or what it was. I knew you had been tagged in that post about working on a song, which I mentioned the other day. The Hollens post mentions being addicted to social media. Do you really feel you are? It doesn't seem that way to me, but then I only am seeing it from my vantage point. But, because you had not posted much in recent days, and because I'd wondered about it, I am wondering how the wording of the Hollens post applies to me. He mentions his need to switch from being "addicted" to social media, to being "addicted" to the studio, and to his "baby" (his child on the way). Now of course, you and I refer to being each other's Babies all the time. So if you meant it that way, I totally understand! :) I know you love recording, and I had guessed that maybe you had been given, as a Christmas present, some more studio time at Megatone. But I also thought, this week, "she probably can't be at the studio in this weather". So maybe you mean home recording, too. All of that is awesome, of course. As for home recording, that was one of the ways we connected in the first place, by talking about music.

But when you mention (or Hollens mentions) being "addicted" to social media, I'm not quite sure if you mean me or not, and I only ask because there are times, like this week, when I don't hear from you very much. The thing is, because we don't talk on the phone, all we have is social media with which to communicate. So, I write my little blogs every day, because that's the only means I have. And I post a song at night, just because it's my way of saying "I Love You" at the end of each day.

I've mentioned this a few times before, but I write my blogs every day, even when I don't have much that is new or interesting to say, because I know that a relationship depends on communication. So, all I have is social media in that respect, to communicate with you.

Now, I know that during winter break, which only lasts a few weeks, you want to max out your time to do things - play music, record, take pictures, etc. That's as it should be. It's just that, again - given our mode of communication - I sometimes don't know how to interpret what is going on. New Year's Day, or thereabouts, I will see a picture of two kitties snuggling, and then a nice picture here or there, but basically very little after that, for a few days. If we communicated by phone, or even by FB messaging like we used to, you could simply tell me, "Hey Adam, I'm gonna be super busy the next couple days. I'm recording, etc." And I would say "that's great, go for it". But right now, we don't have direct communication like phone or messaging, so all I have is what you post, and I can only respond to what you post. When you don't post, I am left to guess or interpret, and this week I just guessed, "oh, it's the lousy, depressing weather". I figured you were all cooped up in the house and maybe it was getting you down. If it's more than that, you can tell me. If you don't want me to write every day, you can say so. I do it because I love to talk to you - I love you, after all. But I also know that it takes time to read, and it's not always interesting. I mention all of this because I don't know how to interpret the Hollens post. Still, you know me; I am rarely at a loss for words when there is a conversation to be had. No matter the subject, I love to talk. My writings only become rote and repetitive because sometimes I don't have enough to respond to. Maybe at some point, perhaps later in the year, we could return to direct communication. Then we'd be like The Art Couple, both "in the same house", so to speak (meaning in this case talking directly), sometimes working together, sometimes on separate things, but always in tune, and in touch. Don't worry about that, however, because I will never pressure you to go back to direct communication. That is on your timetable. I don't know what happened, in October 1992, to cause it to stop, but when it returns is entirely up to you. All I know is that some form of communication is essential.

I know I'm droning on and on here. Sorry about that! :) It's just because of the drop in communications recently, and today's Hollens post, and me wondering how it relates to me, and only because I love you, and because social media is the only means I have to communicate with you. If you are recording and-or otherwise busy the rest of winter break, just let me know. If you want me to write less (or even more, lol), let me know that too. Otherwise, I can just proceed and respond to what you post, as always. Just to reiterate, if, in the Hollens post, you meant the part about "addicted to the Baby" to be included (and interpreted by me) as part of your message, then you can disregard most of what I've written. I was just wondering, that's all, and it's all good on my end. :)

I'll tell you one thing I do know for certain: that you are My Baby, and I am definitely addicted to You!

I Love You, Elizabeth.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

I'm gonna go on my walk at the usual time, etc.  Back in a bit.

10:55pm : I guess the bottom line, for me at least, is that it's all good. Meaning no worries. I know it's winter break, so you want to work on projects, and I also know it's been a tough time due to the weather. Things are going to get better, they always do. So, if everything is good otherwise, don't worry about posting/not posting for now. Just keep doing whatever you are doing. If the issue is anything more than that, please let me know asap. All I can do, from my end, is try to communicate. I'll just keep trying to do my best in that regard.

Sweet Dreams, my Angel. I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment