Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2nd (Absolutism) (thoughts)

Happy Thursday, my Baby. Yeah, it's January 2nd already, and...........the year is just flying by! 

Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha. :b That's my ridiculous joke every year. I hope you are enjoying the day. Did you hear "Delivrance" yet? I'm sure you did, and I know you heard it in concert. Very keyboard dominated, a Mellotron sound in the last half of the song that is reminiscent of the Moody Blues. Not sure why they are calling it Shoegaze, at least that particular song, but anyhow it still sounds like Alcest. His melodies are unmistakeable.

Are you recording more of your songs? I saw that you were tagged in a friend's post, about "conquering the song", so I figured you might be recording, or maybe playing on your friend's track. Whatever the case, it sounds like you got a good result, so I will look forward to hearing it.

Today is back-and-forth, first the hair salon and then a late dentist's appointment for Pearl at 3:30. I'll be here until about 2:45, and then back after my evening shift, at 6:45. The New Year is off to a great start.....

(but boy, is it goin' by fast)

Alright, alright......I'll stop already!  I Love You, Sweet Baby!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo !!  :):)

7:15pm : I'm home, my Angel. I've gotta do my whole walk tonight, all at once since I was at the dentist office all afternoon. Gotta stop at the store, too, so I'll leave about 7:45ish. I saw your post this morn about moral absolutism, and I couldn't agree more. I don't like any kind of absolute : political, religious, scientific, whatever. Absolutes are for mathematics, and that's it. But, I have to admit I was once guilty (somewhat, but not totally) of thinking that way. I remember when I was maybe 19 or 20, and was really Far Left politically. My Dad didn't care too much for politics; he was more concerned with whether someone was an idiot or not, lol. If he was gonna vote, it would have been Democratic, although in 1968 he voted for Richard Nixon, just because he didn't much care for the Hippie counterculture. But my point is that my Dad had a lot of opinions about a lot of things (which is probably the reason I do too, at least partially, haha), and because he had strong opinions, I liked to, in those days, come home and challenge him with my "black-and-white" take on political and world issues. When I was 20, I thought I had it all figured out.

All wars were unjust, every time, no exception.

The military was inherantly evil. Joining it made you a bad person.

Capitalism was 100% evil.

If you participated in "The System", you were helping to destroy the planet, make the rich people richer, and impoverish everyone else.

Looking back, I'm not sure I even believed, to a total extent, a lot of what I was arguing for. Part of it was probably to get a rise out of Dad. But back then, my views did not include a lot of grey areas. Things were either "this way" or "that way", and anybody who couldn't understand that was an idiot.

But as the years went by - and this will happen to anyone who keeps an open mind - I began to see all the complexities in life that made viewing things in terms or either/or virtually impossible. I will write a little more about it later this eve, but you should know that that's something I like about you, Elizabeth - you think for yourself.

I'll be back at my usual time. I Love You!    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : A great movie, one that I've probably mentioned before but I bring it up again because of the subject of Nazis, is "The Pianist", directed by Roman Polanski. Maybe you've seen it. It deals directly with the idea that something beautiful, in this case music, can override philosophies and ideologies and create caring between two people who, by all rights, should loathe one another. To bring up Dad again, he really wanted to see that movie, because he had played the piano, and he'd also been in World War Two. Dad was in a radar battalion, and wasn't in combat, but he did have contact with German soldiers one time. He was on a patrol, and found two of them huddled in a cave near the American camp. Dad said they were scared to death. Instead of taking them in, or worse, he said that he told them to get back over the line and get back to their troops. Dad spoke enough German at the time to relay that message.

He told me a lot of WW2 stories when I was little, and I didn't always appreciate why he did this, but in this case I asked him : "Why'd you let them go"? When I was a kid, there were TV shows like "Combat" and "The Rat Patrol". Nobody ever let a German go on TV.

But Dad said, "They were just kids". He never said if they were armed or not, and I am guessing they weren't. It was late in the war, and maybe they were trying to desert. But that was what Dad told me.

"They were just kids". Even though they had been fighting for the German army under the fascist regime.

What I have gotten, from my parents and from years of evaluating and re-evaluating things on my own, is an antipathy toward Groupthink in all aspects. When I was younger, I took a side and went in for a small clique in the Groupthink world. I thought I was a Far Left Utopian, and knew I had all the answers. But those answers were based on emotion and little information.

Nowdays, and for many years, I crave information, but certainly not the mainstream kind. Oh, I watch the news, as I've said, not only to "know what's going on in the world" (and the news is basically just the violence report), but I also watch it to join the party, to be a part of society. Really, truth be told, I watch it because Pearl watches it, and I like to join in. And who doesn't like Anderson Cooper, anyways?

But the news, or any mainstream dispensary, is never where I look to for useful information. I have been at this long enough, and have had enough experience, that it takes a lot for me to listen to what anyone has to say about anything, regarding the world, and history, philosophy, ideology, etc.

But because I am always questing - looking for "reliable sources" - I have found people like Joe Farrell, or Jim Marrs, both of whom have a firm grip on the origins of systems, how and why things came to be as they are today. And even the so called "alternative history" field is rife with Groupthink, and writers who merely want to cash in.

At any rate, the thing is, I've got an understanding of the world that I trust, after years of research.

But it began with intuition. Once I grew out of my youthful know-it-all phase, I went inside. Inside myself, to try and see how I really felt about things. To see what I really believed. I discovered that I didn't know much of anything that was absolute, but in the process I also discovered a trove of information about how the world really is, how it works. Stuff that the news, and politics, et al, only scratches the surface of.

And in recent years I have turned even further Inward and Outward, to have a relationship between God and my Spirit, to further refine the information I receive every day as a human being.

And that's why I talk about feeling and intuition so much. Because you don't need groups or systems or any kind of "ism", any absolute idea, to teach you how to think or feel about any given thing.

You can already feel what you know on the inside. All you have to do is tune out the noise from outside. Never let your head or your heart dominate the conversation. Too many people use "only" logic (scientific types) or "only" emotions (touchy-feely New Age types). Use instead a mix of every gift you have, not only what you think and feel, but also what you perceive .

Now we are back to the psi, and the Glimpses That Cannot Be Articulated.

This is your advantage in life, Elizabeth, your blessing. You have all these things.

So, I love talking about these kinds of subjects! (as you can tell). :)

I just now saw your post about Sarah and her boyfriend, and.........that's the other me.

Food, movies, music, domestic things.........cooking, going for walks. Taking pictures together.

Well, I have written a lot, so I will post it before the hour gets too late. I Love You, my Angel.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment