Sunday, January 19, 2014

Soup's On (Cooking)

Good Evening, my Baby, (or late afternoon, in my case)

I'm at Pearl's, just wanted to say hi. I'm making soup again, oh boy! Onion soup again, except that this time I added sliced carrots, too, and a minced Habanero chili, so it's closer to a Mexican Onion Soup this time. But it's gonna be good! I've just been doing the usual Sunday Stuff, and also watching football. I hope you are having a wonderful day. I wish we were cooking together!

I will write more after I get home. I Love You!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:05pm : I am listening to the Mendelssohn piece, played by Glenn Gould. This is the time of night for piano, something about the sound of it just takes me away. Well, my soup came out really good. The carrots added a sweetness that mixed well with the onions and the hotness of the habanero. I got the idea from those big cans of marinated jalapenos that I used to eat. Mixed in those cans are carrot slices, so I thought I'd try it.

Now there's no stopping me.  ;)

I am remembering how much fun it is to cook (though I admit I hate the prep - chopping, etc.) I am funny that way. One of my pet peeves has always been tying shoes. "Aw, man - I hate tying my shoes". But, you've gotta have your shoes tied, right? So, I hate tying shoes, cause it's so tedious, and yet I love to walk. Same with cooking. I don't like the prep, but I absolutely love the cooking, and the experimentation.

So now I am getting back into it, just a little bit anyway. Do you like to cook? If so, you might have fun trying out some vegetarian recipies of your own making. I am guessing you are sticking with being a veggie.

I am always tinkering and adjusting my diet, almost in a subliminal manner, to be of optimum health. I will probably never totally get rid of all treats and goodies, but the more I "plant a seed" and tell myself to eat healthy, the more it happens just "by osmosis", as my Mom used to say. So now, I am mostly plant based, as they call it. I just respond to how my body feels and try to give it what it wants, but in the process I've retrained it, so it wants healthier stuff.

But the fun is in the cooking, and I'm glad I'm rediscovering it!

Well, my Baby, I can't wait until we can do these things together. So many things we will do, and share.

But tying shoes won't be one of 'em. We'll wear slip ons.

I Love You, Elizabeth!    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams..............

No comments:

Post a Comment