Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Evening Love (Stars)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby! It was a little bit of a busy Sunday for me, taking the Kobedog to CSUN (where he helped me pick oranges), shopping, watching football, finding a card for my brother's birthday on Tuesday. Nothing major, just odd and ends, but a lot of back and forth. This eve I made some lentil soup. Did you have a nice day? I saw the pic of your friend at the Cupcake ATM, so I take it the answer is Yes. Does she bank at Cupcake Savings? What kind of interest do they offer, I wonder?

Cause I might have to sign up for an account myself.......    :)

I checked Weather.com and I see that you have some up-and-down temps coming this week, but some days in the 30s and nothing near zero or below, so that is good news. I guess this will be your last week of Winter Break? I say that because CSUN starts back up the Tuesday after Martin Luther King Day, so I figure you guys do too. Well, I hope you have been enjoying your break, and before you know it, it'll be time for Spring Break.

Tonight I am gonna watch a movie I found at the Libe : "Operation Pacific" starring John Wayne. Another WW2 flick, the title is self-explanitory. So I'll go for my walk later.

Enjoy the rest of your evening (is it Downton Abbey night?) and I will be back in a little while.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:20pm : I enjoyed the movie. It showed the part submarines played in defeating the Japanese Imperial Fleet, and a lot of stock footage was used of actual Naval confrontations, and the use of torpedoes and depth charges. Yeah, I know - Guy Stuff. When I was little, my Dad took me down to Long Beach and San Diego, to go on tours of WW2 ships and subs. He wanted to show me what his experience had been, or part of it, anyway.

At any rate, I went for my walk and it was a nice clear evening, so I stopped to look up at the stars. It never fails to blow me away, even though our sky is polluted by city light. I look up and see the Moon and a few bright stars and parts of familiar constellations, and I just think.........

Man......there is stuff out there. Stars, planets. Material. It's so far away, but I can see it. The night takes that blue daytime curtain away to show you what you are living within.

It's really something, I think.

Well, tomorrow will begin a good week. I Love You, my Baby, and I wish you Sweet Dreams tonight, under the stars.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment