Monday, January 27, 2014

If At First You Don't Pass Smog, Try Try Again (weather)

Hi Sweet Baby,

Well, I didn't pass my smog test. Oy. But I knew it was gonna be an iffy proposition, my car being old and all. But, the news is not all bad. It actually passed on the emissions part of the test, the most important part. Where it failed was on the timing belt idle, which needs to be adjusted, and then there was a cracked hose of some sort or another that the guy told me I could just Krazy Glue together. So, I'll get the timing belt thing adjusted, and glue the other thing, and then I'll take it back to the smog test guy before the end of the week. That's when my license plate tags expire, lol. But I can get the repairs done tomorrow, and go back to the smog guy on Wednesday, in between Pearl stuff. Now, we've got a program here in California where - if you try everything, repairs et al, and your car still doesn't pass smog, the state will buy it off you for 1500 bucks, just to "retire" it. It's a clean air program. So if worse comes to worst, I can always do that. But then I'd have to search for another used car, and a reliable one at that, with good gas milage, and that would be a difficult thing to do while trying to work seven days a week, and get to and from Pearl's (though I could probably use her car in a pinch - she no longer drives).

Anyway, I like my car, a Nissan Sentra. Super reliable, great on gas, hardly ever needs repair. So, I am gonna try and squeeze two more years out of it. That's how long you get between smog checks, so if I pass after I get it repaired, I've got two more years. That way I can keep on saving my money for more important stuff! (and I've been steadily saving for a while now........).

So, keep your fingers crossed in a couple days for a passing score on my re-test.

I like the collaboration between J. William W. and the gal from Worm Ouroboros. Don't know the third guy, but it sounds like it has potential. I always crack myself up when trying to remember his name, and I always go, "Let's see - is it J.William J. ? William JW? W William W"? I can never get it right, but now I'll try and memorize it. Glad to know Agalloch are recording a new one, and I hope they come your way this time. Love those guys!

Well, I am gonna look up some local smog repair mechanics and also see if I've got any Krazy Glue laying around, so I can get on it with my car. Then I am gonna go for the daytime half of my walk, so I'll be back in a bit, and close to one of the Chromebooks for most of the rest of the day.

Hope your week is off to a good start.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:10pm : I see that the weather has gotten extremely cold again, so I hope you are hanging in there. I am thinking about you and keeping you in my heart. I know bad weather isn't the end of the world, but I also know it's not your favorite, to say the least, so I mention all this to say I am aware of it. And, I hope it ends soon.

I've been reading this eve, finished my Joe Farrell book (and now I'm ready for another one!). Tomorrow I will try again to get my car repaired, and hopefully smogged.

I love you and will see you in the morn.     xoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment