Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Great Picture Of You (artistry) (you are the author)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I love that picture of you! Of course, I love the one before it, too, which was a very beautiful look for you. The one you just put up, though, really captures your spirit, and I remember thinking - and probably saying - that it was a great shot right when it was first taken. Love it!

You have a lot of different looks, and each one is beautiful.  :)

I hope you are having a great day. I am home from church. We sang really well and now, at practice, we are already working on Christmas songs. One which I am sure you know, "Carol Of The Bells" is very hard! Trying to tune out all the other counterpoint vocals, sung in differing meters, is not easy. So, I took the music home with me and I will try to find a singled-out tenor part on Youtube.

It is Roasting Hot here, gotta be over 100 (I will check weather.com to verify). I wish I was going on a Hundred Degree Hike, but maybe if the weather holds, I can do one this Wednesday.

Right now, I will be here most of the time until I go back to Pearl's at 4:15.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon. I will write more later on.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

9:35pm : Hey, Awesome Lady, I just got back from my walk and I saw your post (Morgin Pabst), so I just wanted to check in real quick, to say that I don't know if you are feeling that way yourself - and I should certainly expect not, because I think (and hope you think, too) that it's been a great week.  :)

Don't you think it has been?

Anyway, if you did for some reason mean that as a literal post, then all I can tell you is you have no reason to want to give up on anything, and I mean that in the best possible sense. What I have wanted for you to do, all along, ever since I've known you, is just to trust in the mysteries of the journey. I have the advantage of........well, let's call it "extra years" (lol).....and so I can see your journey from my perspective, and everything looks great to me.

When your friend Morgin posts about "giving up", or doing so if she didn't have a lot of people to prove wrong, I would ask her - or you or anyone with a creative destiny - why would you want to give up?

Here's something I knew early on, and I've probably told you many times before that I was 19 when I knew this, so it was a young person's discovery : I knew that I couldn't give up, even if I wanted to! Because, for me, "giving up" meant just working in a factory, motion picture or otherwise, and I knew that would spiritually and mentally kill me. So for me, there was never a question of giving up. I really had no choice.

And, it was scary and frustrating at times, too. I had no training, I was self-taught musically, didn't even start playing til I was 19. I had no technical skills, no college degree, nothing to "fall back on" as they say. And I never wound up having an actual career in any sense of the word. I did not "make it" in music or in any profession, per se.

But I never even considered "giving up", because the only thing I could ever have been in life was to Be Myself, and that is one thing it actually IS impossible to give up on.

The one thing I always had going for me is that I had a little bird on my shoulder telling me that my life was meant to be - was going to be - different. And that knowledge, that certainty, always drove me onward.

And all these years later, I am glad I listened to my little bird.

I may be way off the mark in wondering if you meant Morgin's post to be about your feelings as well. But just in case you did, please always remember that when you are an Artist - and that is what you are, Elizabeth - then your life itself is an ongoing, ever evolving work of art. Being an Artist is about living an Artistic Life in all aspects, and a huge part of that is just allowing yourself to be vulnerable to the mysteries of the journey.

Don't worry too much, in other words.

Have that Quiet Inner Confidence we always talk about, and if you ever feel it faltering, just remember that I am always here to reinforce you, just like I used to do (unsolicited) back in the olden days of 2012.

Anyhow, I am probably rambling on here, and I don't even know if you meant that post to reflect your feelings, too.

All I can say for now is that You Can't Give Up because You Are You.

I'll write more when I get to Pearl's.  I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

12:25am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I don't know if you are awake, but the guy me and my brother are talking about on FB was a rock writer named Lester Bangs, who was famous in the rock world of the 70s for being outrageous in his journalism. He died at 33, in 1982, and really he was kind of a jerk. I used to buy Creem magazine every month (and still have some of my original issues), and it was sometimes kind of amusing to read Lester Bangs, but really he wasn't much of a music critic.

Anyhow. Back to what I was saying earlier, just think of your life as a book. That's a generic cliche, I realise, but still - you wouldn't want to know the ending of your own book while you're still writing it, would you?

Of course not.

So that's why you never entertain ideas about giving up, because to give up is to write an ending, and a premature one at that! No, I say give in to the mysteries of the journey.

Have faith. Trust in God and trust in Yourself and that's all you need to know.

If you dive deep into that trust, it will blow your mind. I am talking on a one-to-one basis now, getting deep within your Spirit and communicating with God and trusting in Him or Her from that position.

Go deep and stay deep. Communicate with yourself all the time, then send those thoughts and feelings upwards.

Take nothing on a superficial level. That is not for you, it's not the way for you to think.

Think BIG. Really BIG. Not necessarily in terms of money (though that is okay) or even the modern notion of success, but instead Think BIG in terms of maximizing what you are thinking and feeling.

Stay curious! That is where your input comes from. Let your input come from mysterious sources rather than from other cliques of human beings. Cliques lead to Groupthink and conformity.

Think for yourself. And then, combine your thoughts with your feelings and allow them to become building blocks for the structure of your artistic personality.

Go all the way in life, and always, always be true to yourself, with God (and parents and loved ones) as consultants, but with You in the driver's seat.

It's the best thing you can do.

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment