Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Walt (sweet dreams) (love)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am home from Pearl's. A typical Tuesday for me, taking Pearl to Golden Agers and such. I did watch a movie this afternoon, "It Follows", which was actually pretty good for a modern horror film. The only problem is that it was lacking in story, a common problem nowdays. All in all, not bad, though, and some really good (scary) locales and photography. Remind me not to move to Detroit..........

I hope you had a nice day. Sorry I didn't write last night, but it was just an ordinary day, really. So much of what I write is bounced off of your posts, and yesterday I thought you must have been busy cause I didn't see anything on FB from you. Today I see posts that make me think you are taking pictures, or drawing, or maybe both. I hope you are doing something fun.  :)

I have been also watching a documentary on Walt Disney that Grimsley taped and loaned to me. Did I mention that already? Maybe so, but anyway, it's an incredible story. I have always, even way back in my twenties, considered Walt Disney to be the greatest creative genius of the 20th century, and watching this documentary, which I think was on PBS, or maybe A&E, it just comfirms that belief for me. Back then, I said it mainly just because of Disneyland, lol, which of course I love so much. I figured, if you create Disneyland - right there you are a gigantic genius just for that alone.

But in the documentary, it tells the story of all his inventions as an animator. He basically invented the animated feature film. But there is so much more, and watching the documentary, I discovered that I didn't know most of Walt Disney's accomplishments. If you are even halfway interested, I encourage you to see it (it will be on dvd soon). He was the quintessential Artist, especially in temperment and philosophy, and he was a Sag, too, to boot!

So, that's what I've been doing: reading my Dennis Dunaway Alice Cooper book, watching Walt Disney, and at night reading "Dark Mission" by Hoagland (and thinkin' about those Glass Towers up on the Moon), and watching episodes of "The Walking Dead". Tonight I am all out of "WD" eps, gotta order more from the Libe, so tonight it's an episode of "X-Files" Season 9.

Usual schedule as usual. Enjoy your evening and I will write more back at Pearl's.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. All is quiet here at Pearl's. Not much else to report for tonight on my end. I hope your 7SD video is coming out well, or maybe you've got it finished already. I know you've gotta wait on the band's release date for your music vids, but as always I look forward to seeing it. Only a few more days until Alcest! And then I will be seeing them on October 7th.....

That's all I know for tonight. Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

P.S. : I see your post just now, and I love it. You are my rock n' roll Sweet Metal Baby indeed....  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment