Monday, September 14, 2015

Metalheads :) (glass towers, zombies & Alice Cooper)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am home from Pearl's. Glad to see that you are gonna release your video! I'll betcha you would've done it all along  - you just got a little nervous near the end is all. But it's gonna be great which we already know, so all is good. :)

I liked your other post, for John Haughm's birthday. In the text was his comment, the gist of which was "once a metalhead always a metalhead". I don't know if you meant that part in reference to my comment yesterday about "metalhead morons", haha, but if you did......lol.........I'm sure you obviously know that I know that not all metalheads are morons. John Haughm certainly isn't; he's a very intelligent guy who also happens to write and play great music that, imo, goes beyond the classification of metal, though it is indeed that, too.  :)

Anyhow, I am sure you know what I meant. I was talking about cliche or stereotypical headbangers who have no subtlety and see their music only in terms of how hard or heavy it is. The kind of fans who disown a group like Opeth or Alcest once they stop doing death vocals.

Those kinds of metalheads are dumbells indeed, and it is them I was referring to.

Remember, too, that I was an original metalhead! In the 1980s, that was pretty much all I listened to : Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, and many more. Since then, I've gone back to listening to all kinds of stuff, which is how I began my appreciation of music, and where I am today as well.

Anyway, when you release your video, pay no attention if a dumbell makes a comment, and keep Dad's Rule in mind, that "NOT everyone is entitled to their opinion"!

And why is that, Daddio?

Well, Dad would say it's because if you are a dumbell, then your so-called "opinion" is going to be ill-informed. Therefore you are not entitled to it!

End of story.  :)

But the video is gonna be great, and we are all looking forward to seeing it.

I'll be on regular schedule, as usual. Gonna watch yet another episode of "Walking Dead" and then go on my Walk. How's that for symmetry? Then I'll write more later at Pearl's.

I Love You! Enjoy the rest of your evening.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I am sitting in Pearl's kitchen, Googling and Youtubing for images of glass towers on the Moon, which I am reading about in my book "Dark Mission" by Richard Hoagland. It's really far out stuff, but true. There is just too much evidence to dismiss. So now I wanna get me a telescope, or even just a pair of astronomy binoculars, to look at the Moon myself.

I am tired tonight, and I will be glad when these workmen are done renovating this one room in the house. It was supposed to take three days, and now on Wednesday it will have been two weeks, and you never know when they are coming or not. As previously reported, this seems to be standard procedure for workmen nowdays. I am just a caregiver, and I've got my hands full with Pearl. I don't get much sleep, night after night, and so the hours of 8 to 11 have become my "catch-up" hours, but I can't even sleep during those hours until they finish this painting job.

Sorry to complain. Once I get some sleep, I'll be good as new.

I am glad for my books, so I can travel to the Moon and see the glass towers, or be there for the adventures of the Alice Cooper group, as they conquered the world right out of high school, as reported in "Snakes! Gullotines! Electric Chairs"! by Dennis Dunaway, the bassist for the original group.

Always remember, too, Sweet Baby - and this is a Rock History lesson for you - that Alice Cooper was a group. And what a group they were, one of the most original in Rock History. The "Alice Cooper" moniker kind of came to be represented by Alice himself, as a solo artist, and while he is a legend and a lot of fun on his own, it all pales in comparison to what the original Alice Cooper group achieved.

Whoever built those Glass Towers on The Moon would have been a fan, for sure.

I am looking forward to seeing your video on Wednesday, and hearing the song. If I remember correctly, you initially said it was gonna be a cover song, done by you and Johan. But do I have that right? I dunno, but I will soon see.  :)

Tomorrow should be a Typical Tuesday - let's just hope I can get some sleep.

I Love You, my Darling, and it's gonna be a great week.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

See you in the morning..........

No comments:

Post a Comment