Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday Home Chill + Love (director)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am back at home, chilling for a little while. 'Tis an absolutely gorgeous day. We had good singing in choir and a very fun practice. I am hitting most of my high notes and belting it out in the car to reach even higher, haha. Hey, you've gotta practice somewhere. Singers are like trombone players, they've gotta practice in secret, because there's only one volume level they can work with : L.O.U.D.  :)

I hope you are having a fun day again at the Taste Of Madison fest. I know you are gonna get some more great band shots, so keep shooting! I'll bet there's a ton of good stuff to eat, too.  :)

I'll hang out here til about 3:30, then go for part of my walk and then head back to Pearl's. Usual schedule after that. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and early evening!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. I see from your posts that you were indeed back at Taste Of Madison, and I hope you had a blast and got some great pics too. I know you did, and it also looks like you are making more contacts with bands. It will start to have an exponential effect, and then what I predicted will come true (and it is beginning to already) : that you will be the go-to video director for Madison bands.

Just continue to develop your style and make it as much about you as the band. Of course, you are showcasing the band, and the band is your client, but just as bold and upfront is the impression you make with your creativity and technical work. Continue to personalise/conceptualise the storylines for each video.

Think of Orson Welles and the great filmmakers, and remember that each image, each camera angle, each edit, both tells a story and leaves an imprint on the viewer. Therefore, consider every shot and remember nuance.

Tell a story with your images; make the viewer remember you as well as the band.

I know you already know this stuff, but I reinforce you anyway.

Think of it like a motion picture - who's in charge? The Director, that's who! So each video is your creation. The band is the client in the case of rock videos, so in a sense, having paid you, they are the executive producers. But always try to steer them toward your creative vision for their music. That is how you will brand yourself as the go-to-director.

A lot of it - all of it, really - is just tuning in to your intelligence and trusting yourself.

Anyhow, it's been a good year so far.

All is quiet right now in Pearl's kitchen. It should be a good week ahead. We have workmen coming during the week, for everything from a termite inspection (a followup to last January's fumigation) to the painting of the playroom (converted garage). So, lots of appointments, but I will try to squeeze in my Downtown train trips and maybe even a hike.........

See you in the morning, my Baby. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment