Monday, September 7, 2015

Fun Labor Day + Love (shows & art)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am just getting home from Pearl's. We went to Lake Balboa once again and had a nice time, even though it was hotter today than when we went on Saturday. But the place was filled with people picnicing, walking dogs, skating, paddle boating, and lots of ducks and birds, too. All of the stimuli is good for Pearl, and Kobedoggie loves the place because it's barbeque heaven.  :)

Before that, I went on a major-league hike. Oh boy! Yep, I thought it had been too long since I really went for it, so I drove to Rocky Peak Trail which is in the Santa Susana mountains but east of Santa Su State Park. Rocky Peak is very steep and very long, and I went about a mile and a half in, further than last November, which was the only other times I was on that trail.

And it felt great! I wasn't winded, heart wasn't even beating that hard. To be fair, I've been on steeper trails, but Rocky is pretty unrelenting. It just keeps going up and up, and it actually does wind up at a mountain called Rocky Peak. That's where the trail ends. I've been there three times now, and I haven't yet made it all the way to the top, but I will next time. That would be about 2hrs. round trip.

Anyhow, I took some pics, so I am gonna see if I got any good ones, and if I did I'll post a couple on FB. I hope you had a great Labor Day! I'll be here on usual schedule and then back at Pearl's later on.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:25am : Happy Super Late Night, my Darling. I am here in Pearl's kitchen, all is quiet, fingers are crossed for it to remain that way. I hope you had a nice evening. I went for my walk and watched the last episode of Season 8 of "The X-Files". Maybe the best season yet, and with the addition of the excellent Robert Patrick as Agent Doggett, it adds an extra character dynamic. And, the whole season was nice and weird, too.  :)

I've been working on "X-Files" since..........hmmm, was it 2010? Or 2011? I am gonna say 2011 and be on the safe side. So it's taken me five years to watch eight seasons, and I've got one more to go. I know it's not that fast, in these days when people pound every episode of every hit cable show as fast as they can (and I did that myself with "Breaking Bad"), but I watch a lot of movies, too, and anyway, "X-Files" is a show to be savored.  :)  Ditto "Millennium", the darker & even weirder spin-off from "X-Files", which I also have on dvd.

Remember : only watch classic stuff. Or at least really good stuff. No Sandler movies........    ;)

It doesn't have to be Weird Stuff. I'll watch plenty of that for you, haha.

And, as I posted on FB, R.I.P. to actors Martin Milner and Judy Carne, from two of my favorite shows, "Adam-12" and "Laugh-In". You know Martin Milner made an impression in his role when the current Chief of the LAPD wrote a brief eulogy for him today. Every kid my age loved "Adam-12", and that's the way all cops should be. As for "Laugh-In", it was the precursor to "SNL", and simply put, it was the funniest show of all time, just crazy, zany people on that show. Both "Adam-12" and "Laugh-In" were late '60s shows, and they depicted two sides of that era. The cops, one the one hand, and the swinging hippies and so-called "beautiful people" on the other hand. "Laugh-In" was staged as kind of a live party on TV, with comedy sketches in between. And it was a wild and very funny show. But both shows, even though at different ends of the social spectrum, represent as one looks back the decency and evenhandedness of the 1960s, when there was a Generation Gap (Google it) but not the us vs. them two-sided divisiveness of today.

At any rate, God Bless 'Em.

I see that you are posting lots of music related stuff from a few different bands, so perhaps these are bands you are gonna be working with, or would like to work with? I say Yes!

I say that before too long, you will have a full schedule of bands and videos lined up, and other stuff too, and today I thought "hey, maybe even merch"!, after seeing your post of Sarah's t-shirt for that hardcore band she is a fan of. You could venture into that as well, at some point in the future, because you have those techniques, too (drawing and computer skills for reproducing the image).

I am not much of a drawer, but I did draw a few cool things I am proud of, and one of them is a title card (on sketch paper) for my quake video "The Meadows". I drew it, in logo-ized really creepy letters of green and brown ink (earth colors), and then I video-ed the title card using a tripod to make an opening for my movie. And, I still have that drawing in a scrapbook.

So that's all I know for tonight, my Baby. Tomorrow is regular Tuesday schedule. Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment