Sunday, September 27, 2015

Late Night Love & Concerts & HIkes & Stuff

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I don't know if you went to the concert tonight, but if so, you might still be on your way home from Chicago. I did see your post a little while ago (Betty Rise), and I guess that post means that you did go to the Sonic Blast, and I hope you had a blast....  :) I'm sure you will post pics and report about any or all shows, but if you didn't go to the Alcest show, you should know that I can sympathise, having missed many a show in my concert career too. In fact, during some lean monetary times, I only ever went to the occasional club show, which for a while meant just King's X and Eric Johnson. And I've missed a lot of legendary shows, too, like the Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" tour and the David Bowie "Ziggy" tour and several others.

The good thing is that there will always be more shows, especially in this era of constant touring. Having said all of that, I don't know if you did go or didn't go, so I'll wait to see what you post.

I'll tell you what I didn't go to today, although I almost did. You know I was wanting to see the Blue Angels. Well, originally today I was supposed to take my sister Sophie shopping. But she cancelled due to the heat. So when I left Pearl's this morning at 11:30, I thought, "just go - don't even think about it, just drive out to Pt. Mugu". That was my instinct. Of course, I am not that spontaneous, contrary to my Aries nature (probably because of my Mars in Pisces), so I then thought, "well, go home first, make sure you know how to get there, make sure it's free parking, etc". In other words, "wait on it". That was my secondary instinct overriding my initial urge to "just go".

At home, I checked the directions on Google. Figured I'd leave around 1:30, get there in time for the Blue Angels performance at 3pm, then watch them and immediately head home, to be back at Pearl's at 4:30.

So I hung out at home for a few. Read my Dennis Dunaway book (one of the greatest rock 'n roll books ever). I still had the urge to "just go", but I really am pretty methodical, and so I waited.

"I'll leave at 1:30", I told myself.

Now, I've told you I do everything by feel. That is my whole life, and that is also probably because of my Mars in Pisces, but anyway - everything is by feel for me.

And ten minutes before I was gonna leave, at 1:20pm, I checked the Pt. Mugu Naval Air Station Facebook page, just for the heck of it. And lo and behold, people were posting comments about a Traffic Disaster. "It took us two hours just to go two miles", one person reported. This was on the road inside the Base leading to the parking area. Another person wrote "Total traffic control fail! We missed everything and want a refund".

Now, I know how airshow traffic can be. Shows at Edwards used to attract 75 to 100, 000 people. But there, even though it took a little time, you still got inside efficiently. From what I saw written about the Mugu show, however, I am glad I didn't go. I am glad I listened to my secondary "wait and see" instinct.

I will not go tomorrow, either, because it will be a similar fiasco for those who don't arrive at 8am when the gates open.

And that's okay. I don't need to be there. I would like to, but not everything is convenient or always doable.

So that's my take on stuff.

What I did wind up doing - since it was 100 degrees - was driving up to the top of Reseda Boulevard. That is South of me, and every trail and hike I go on is either to the North or West. But top of Reseda is South, in the Santa Monica mountains this time. Remember that The Valley is surrounded by mountains. I've been to the top of Reseda before, and I even posted a panoramic pic of the Valley I took up there, last year I think, or maybe 2013. But I had never hiked the trails.

This time I did, only it wasn't all that interesting. Strenuous, yes - it's steep for a while. But there's no scenery. It's more for mountain bikers and the athleticism factor. You follow a trail on something called Dirt Mulholland (if you've ever heard of Mulholland Drive, it's the dirt road section of that). Dirt Mulholland leads to all sorts of other trails that can take you through Topanga State Park, and eventually all the way to the ocean, if you wanted to do an all-day marathon hike. But I am in it mostly for the scenery, and the photography, and not much of either is happening in the Santa Monica mountains, so I think I'll stick with my Santa Susanas to the North, and San Gabriels out in the Placerita area.

All in all, a pretty good day. I hope yours was too!

Fingers are crossed for The Good Sleep Streak to continue, and tomorrow is church and choir.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment