Thursday, September 17, 2015

Back From The Movie (mesmerised)

Hi, my Darling,

I am at home, we got out pretty early from tonight's movie at CSUN, so I just wanted to stop by and say hello since I didn't get a chance to this afternoon. Tonight we saw Welles' "The Stranger", a really good film noir. I hope you had a good day, and I saw this morning that your video is piling up the hits and generating positive comments, so that's great.

I will be here for a few more minutes, then I am gonna finish my walk and head back to Pearl's, where I will write again at the usual time.

I Love You and I'll see you in a little while.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. I am here at Pearl's and all is quiet. Browsing Amazon to see if they have a movie we saw a clip of tonight, "Black Magic" from 1949. Very often, the professor who hosts the Cinematheque will show us extra stuff before the movie, interviews with the director, old clips from other films, etc. Tonight he showed a clip from this movie "Black Magic", which Orson Welles starred in but didn't direct. In it, he plays a Gypsy who has a travelling faith healing show, only he isn't a huckster - he has natural hypnotic power but doesn't really know how it works. One day, a certain Dr. Mesmer happens to catch his act, and convinces Welles' character to be in partnership with him.

You have certainly heard the term "mesmerised", meaning to be in a subconscious state, or a state of hypnosis. You probably also know that that term came from an actual person named Mesmer (don't know if he was a doctor or not), and Mesmer, who I just now Googled (Franz Mesmer, a German doctor) also wrote about so-called "animal magnetism", the natural transference of energies between people and inanimate objects in proximity to one another. The hypnosis part is what interests me the most, and the brief clip we saw from "Black Magic" made the movie look really interesting.

Not much else to report from today, a Typical Thursday. I only saw your Threnody post, of that awesome Black Swan dress, so I don't know if you had other posts, but anyway, I think the response to your song has been good so far, and after many listens, I have to say again that you nailed the arrangement, and on top of that, the sound mix is really good as well. A really good weaving of the piano and violin parts, with your vocals on top.

You also look very beautiful in the video.  :)

It just looks and sounds really good, and very professional. And, you have developed a style of motion in your camera work that is natural to you, and that is something I wouldn't mess with (my two cents). In other words, just let it continue to develop naturally rather than study it too much, and definitely do not emulate anyone else's work. Just let your style continue to evolve.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. After tomorrow at 6:30, I am off til Sunday morning. That will mean two sleep-ins. Tomorrow morn I will take The Kobedog to Le Groomer at 10am, but other than that I should be on regular schedule for the day.

See you in the morn. I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment