Sunday, July 3, 2016

9 More MIles + Pretty Picture + Perfect Diction + Use Real Mutants

Happy Regular Late Night, my Darling,

Tonight I can't stay up Super Late because of church in the morning, so I am starting at the Usual Time. Tomorrow we will be singing two songs instead of one : "Living Bread" (because it is a Communion Sunday) and "Blessed Is The Nation" (because of the 4th). Both are pretty easy, so it should go well.

That was a beautiful picture of yourself this morning. You look nice in that dress, even if you prefer all black, lol (and all black is of course very cool), but anyway, I'll bet you had fun in front of the camera this time, as a change of pace. You did not mention the name of the production, but I hope it will be posted when it is finished so we can see it!

Today, 9 miles total once again. A walk down to Northridge Libe this morning (2.25 miles round trip), then a full hike at Aliso at 7pm (3.75), then finally a CSUN loop at 10:30 (3 miles). So now I feel like I am getting into good shape, but of course when I go back to work I will only be able to do regular mileage of 5m per day.

I had fun learning two more Beatles songs : "Lovely Rita Meter Maid" and "Strawberry Fields Forever". "Rita" is easier, and fun to sing along to. I love Beatle harmonies, and I was just thinking tonight that it wasn't just the perfect high notes that made the harmonies so great, but also the diction. John Lennon especially sang his harmonies in a refined English accent, and his enunciation on songs like "Rita" really adds precision to each measure of a song. His vocal is a rhythm instrument.

No movie tonight, but another episode of the Stephen King miniseries that I don't remember if I mentioned last night : "Nightmares & Dreamscapes". I think I did mention it. The shows are good, but the CGI ruins the atmosphere. CGI looks shiny and fake; horror is supposed to look drab and dingy, and if a monster is too fantastic to be believable onscreen, then the audience should only be given fleeting glimpses, like in "Cloverfield" from a few years ago.

Do it right, filmmakers! All I know is that the coneheaded, partially cheesy but superscary giant mutant from "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" is still frightening after 60 years or so, even though it was a B-Movie. Why is it still scary? Because as cheesy as it is (and it really isn't all that cheesy), it looks like they got a real mutant to play the part. Yeah, they put a cone on his head to make him look like Zippy, and they used a few other really gross makeup effects, but the overall look was realistic. 

So can the CGI, please. Go back to realistic makeup, and use Real Mutants or Weirdos for the parts.

Well, that is all for tonight, I am listening to an organ recital on Youtube. I will finish it and go to sleep.

See you in the morning, Sweet Baby, and then I will be back home after choir practice at about 1pm.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment