Friday, July 8, 2016

Hope All Is Well + I Hate Violence/Pray For Peace + "Flaxy Martin"

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I haven't seen you on FB for the past few days, so I hope everything is alright. Probably you are just working, but post if you can, and if you feel like it. I don't usually comment on the news, for many previously stated reasons, but I must say, and I am sure the whole country would agree, that I am so sick of this violence, and I hope it ends soon. As a reader of books by men like Dr. Farrell and Kent Bain, I am certain that there is an agenda behind events like what has happened today, and I shall not go into what I believe because it's way too long and involved, but all you'd need to do is read the same books and see what you think for yourself.

And who wants to concentrate on that stuff, I realise.

Anyhow, I believe in God and in Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit, and so I know that one day the violence will come to an end. I just hope it is soon. ///

My day was a typical Thursday with Pearl's hair salon appointment. No hikes. This eve, I did watch another movie, a neat little film noir also from the Warner Archive Collection, called "Flaxy Martin". The Ruthless Dame of the title will stop at nothing to get what she wants, which is money, and in her pursuit she double-crosses both her lawyer boyfriend and the mobster he protects. The writing once again demonstrates what can be done in the span of 90 minutes (86 to be exact), and this movie has a lot going on, all kinds of plot and plot twists. Virginia Mayo is great in the title role, as is Dorothy Malone as the "good girl" counterpart, but the real star of the show is Zachary Scott as the lawyer. All three actors were fairly big movie stars in the 40s, but somehow this film slipped through the cracks of Noirs That Are Well Remembered. Perhaps it was released as the second half of a double bill, I dunno. It isn't a B Picture, not that B Pictures can't be great.....

But hooray for my new discovery of the Warner Archive Collection.  :) The studios made a truckload of movies back in the 40s and 50s, because back then there were double features, and many movies would play a week or two and then be replaced, there was a bigger turnover than today, and tons and tons of Movie Stars, so a lot of lesser known features still haven't made it to dvd, but thanks to the efforts of those involved in film preservation, we are starting to see these films. And if you love older movies as much as I do, that is great news.

Again, I hope all is well.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment