Sunday, July 24, 2016

Smoke Filled Sky + "One Step Beyond" + Scary Bridge

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I guess you are busy this weekend, cause I don't see you on FB, but I hope you are having a blast with whatever you are doing.  :)

This morning when I woke up, the whole sky was covered in smoke. This fire in Santa Clarita, which I saw the beginning of when I was on my hike at Santa Su yesterday, became enormous, and has now burned 20,000 acres. The Sun was obscured by all the smoke, and the light had a weird pink tint to it all afternoon. Interestingly, the temperature, which had been forecast to be just as hot as yesterday, dropped about 20 degrees into the upper 80s. I think it was because of the Sun being buried by the smoke. Anyhow, I did not go on a hike, not a good day for it, and instead just hung out at home and read my new books on OKC and Paul McCartney. Also learned a new Beatles song, "It Won't Be Long".

This evening I watched another episode of "One Step Beyond". Man, what a great show! The episodes are short - 25 minutes - but they are concise, and pack a lot of story into each one. They also feature good settings (interiors were shot at MGM), and the direction and acting is first rate. Tonight's episode starred Clorox Bleachman (or Cloris Leachman, if you prefer) once again, whom we recently saw in the TV Movie "Dying Room Only". She is a great actress, who has been around forever, and she can do it all from comedy to drama to horror.

Tonight, she played a photographer - take note, SB - who, on assignment for a magazine, rents an old house in a village in France in order to capture the character of the people there. Unfortunately for her, the only thing she captures is.......a ghost, who just so happens to have lived in the house many years earlier. And he's not a very nice guy. John Newland, the host of the show, is on hand to wrap things up at the end - in his appropriately creepy but elegant way - and it would be interesting to know who started that tradition of hosting on the set : Newland, Rod Serling, or Alfred Hitchcock. That's a series I've gotta get next on DVD : "Alfred Hitchcock Presents".

Speaking of scary, I am Googling something regarding my upcoming trip, a bridge that crosses the water from the Concord area (where my friend lives) to Benicia, where I will be staying. I am trying to find out if it is lit up at night - and you'd be surprised at how dark many California freeways are - because my night vision is not so great. If it's a familiar road, no problem. But I will be crossing this bridge for the very first time, at night, over water. I admit to being a bit of a wimp, but I am still not thrilled with the idea.

Onward I forge, anyway.

See you in the morning, typical Sunday schedule.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment