Thursday, July 7, 2016

Back At Work + "Dying Room Only"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I am back at Pearl's, back on regular schedule and thus writing a little earlier than I was. Not much to report for me today, I was just getting situated mostly, and also re-alicecooperating from all the mileage I put in over the past week. My knees are a tad sore, but other than that, everything is good.

Tonight's movie was from the Warner Archive Collection. I actually put those search terms into the library's website, and it came back with a couple dozen movies, so I ordered a few. Three of those came in today, so the one I watched tonight was called "Dying Room Only". It was actually a Made-For-TV Movie, a format that was popular in the early 1970s on ABC. The movies were 90 minutes (74 without commercials in dvd form), and they usually were thrillers or psychological dramas. The quality was high, because the scripts were good, and original, and they always used excellent actors. I used to watch the Movie Of The Week, as it was called, every week!

But I somehow missed "Dying Room Only", and never saw it until tonight. It's a small classic in the way of a TV Movie, set in a roadside diner/motel in the middle of the desert. Clorox Bleachman and her husband Dabney Coleman stop there for a bite to eat, and he soon disappears. "Chef" Ross Martin and redneck patron Ned Beatty are surly and unhelpful - not to mention suspicious - so she finally calls the local Sheriff, and goes searching the darkened premises herself while waiting for him to arrive. So begins the suspenseful hijinks, and the viewer is rivited.

A great cast (which was the norm for these TV Movies) and taut direction made for a great little movie that came off like a stage play, with the desert as it's set.

I trust everything is going well for you. I didn't see any posts today, so you are probably working.

Post tomorrow if you get a chance.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment