Monday, July 25, 2016

Love, Gratitude, Real Power, God, and The Great Spirit

Happy Late Sunday Night, my Darling,

I saw your post earlier in the evening, via your friend Dylan, and well, that's about a perfect sentiment I think, and I am glad you feel that way.  :) It makes me happy, and one thing I have noticed in my own life is that the daily acts of loving life, family, friends, career, etc. - and having gratitude for blessings - is it's own reward. Good vibes multiply upon themselves, and in my experience, it brings you closer to God.

The world is a pretty crazy place at the moment, but I was just thinking when I was at Santa Susana on Friday : all of the negative energy, people spewing over politics, all the craziness and violence and destruction all around the world........

Has almost no power.

Now, that is not to deny it's power to cause heartbreak and trauma.

But as a power for change? Or as a way of life? Forget it. Violence has no power to change anything. 

Whenever I am at Santa Susana, I always think of the Indians who lived in the area for 8000 years, which blows my mind. And I think of the traditional "Great Spirit" of the Indian people in general, their God. I also think of how they tried to live in harmony with nature, and to have gratitude for all they were given.

They could feel the power of the mountains and the rocks, and they created familiar footpaths, many of which are still there, to help make it their home, and they relied on The Great Spirit to provide for them....

That's Power.

A Mountain? That's power.

The Sky is power.

Noticing and Feeling these things gives that power to us.

Craziness and violence..........that's not power because it will never knock a mountain down. ////

I make these remarks because of your post, and I think it's beautiful that you feel that way. That feeling is like an engine, and the more you fuel it, the more powerful it will become. Life is to be loved. ///

We had a nice morning in church, and we got to belt it out with a well known anthem, "Shine Jesus Shine", which allows one to "sing lead" at full volume all the way through.

The rest of the day was just watching the fire on the news. It's one of the worst ever in this area. I remember just two days ago, seeing this minor puff of smoke when I was hiking at Santa Su. But now it's a monster.

Thankfully, it has not destroyed many homes. It has been mostly a wildfire. But tonight it is cresting the hills into the upper San Fernando Valley, way up top. The Valley itself is never threatened because there is too much concrete - too many streets and buildings. A suburban metropolis. But we are surrounded by mountains, and I worry about Placerita because as you know I absolutely love that place.

Talk about Feeling The Power of A Place. When I am there, I feel it 1000%.

It's like a silent conversation between the place, and you. And it transfers it's power to you. You get plugged in.

So a prayer for Placerita Canyon tonight, and Walker Ranch, two of my most favorite places.  :)

Tonight I did watch a film, "Labyrinth Of Lies", about a young German prosecutor in the early 1960s who came to prosecute former Nazis who had worked at Auschwitz. He had to climb a mountain of opposition to mount his case, but in the end it was successful. A tremendous, 5 Star movie.

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. See you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment