Monday, July 4, 2016

Tapia Park Tomorrow + Good Song By Sarah + Happy 4th + 9 More

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I am writing relatively early once again (as opposed to 2am, haha) because I will be once again getting up relatively early. Tomorrow morning I am gonna go with Pearl and her daughter Helen to a place called Tapia Park, which is located in Las Virgenes Canyon on the way to Malibu. In fact, Malibu Creek State Park is located in the same canyon. I haven't been to Tapia Park since about 1968 or so, when I was a kid in YMCA camp. Anyway, it should be fun. We are gonna bring food and have a picnic, and the Kobedog is gonna come too, so maybe he and I can scope out a trail or two for future hikes. I've never driven in that direction - Southwest - for parks and trails, because it seems like it's too far for quickie hikes. There's also more traffic, cause you've gotta take the 101 Freeway. But, we'll see. For visual reference, picture Santa Susana at the very northwest corner of the Valley. Now, if you drove about 8 miles south, you'd be going into Topanga Canyon, at the very southwest corner of the Valley. Las Virgenes Canyon is in the Agoura Hills, about 4 or 5 miles due West of Topanga Canyon. The Valley is surrounded on all sides by hills and mountains, and those are the hills to the southwest. The trails I usually go to are northwest or northeast.

Something new, at any rate. It will be fun, and then tomorrow night the fireworks. I love the 4th of July. You are probably busy this weekend too. Did to go to that concert in Chicago? I saw a post from one of your friends about a road trip. If you went I hope you had a blast!

I also saw your post of Sarah's new video & song. I don't know if you shot it or not, and it was a stationary vid, just of her playing and singing, not a produced video, so maybe you didn't do it, I dunno. But I must say, she has really developed her music, with a lot of color and subtlety. And she added a nice vocal line with a slightly off-kilter harmony. Good stuff, cause it's always all about The Song. She will get noticed for her music in this way, to take her technique and use it to further the melodic inventiveness.

Well, another 9 miles today. I figure I might as well do it while I've got the time off, and I just like doing it anyway. I went up to Aliso and saw a bunch of Bunnies. They like to dart across the trail at dusk, and you can tell they are almost half-tame. They are used to people being there, and aren't scared, unless you get too close. But it's kind of their way of playing, too, I think. The place is full of Bunnies, but they only come out at dusk; you won't see 'em in the daytime.

So, a full Aliso walk (3.75), and earlier a walk down to the store and back (2 miles), and finally at 10:30pm, an abbreviated CSUN walk of 3.25, just to get to 9 miles.

Choir was good today, good singing as predicted.

See you in the morn.  I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment