Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Getting Ready To Travel

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day, and I am guessing that you are busy with various projects these days. Today I was busy myself, just with last minute details like making triple-sure all my directions are correct, and double checking my list of Stuff To Bring With Me, which turns out not to be much, haha. I'm only gonna be gone four days. I will bring my camera and take lots of pics, though.

It's weird when I think about my life. I have done next to no travelling as you know, and the last time I went to the San Francisco area was in Summer 1980. 36 years ago, almost 2/3 of my life ago. Jimmy Carter was President, and John Lennon was still alive.

I have no complaints about not having traveled, because my life has been fulfilling in so many other ways, so my observation is about my "amazement at the weirdness of it all" rather than being a regret. But because I haven't done even any major road trips in a while (last one was to Vandenberg Air Force Base in Lompoc in 2004, with Dad), I just wanna make sure I don't screw it up, haha. I drive all over the place every day - but in my own familiar area. I guess what I wish is that - just for once - I had somebody to go with me. Everything I do is by myself, and I feel isolated.........sigh. It will be nice, however, to see my friends from the neighborhood once I get there. It was a legendary neighborhood, and they are legendary friends. The 1970s was an amazing time......  :)

This afternoon, I saw a humongous mushroom cloud of smoke from the fire, and it developed all of a sudden. But it was white smoke, so I figured, "Maybe they are smothering it and getting it under control". And I think that may be the case, as the smoke did not look nearly as bad this eve. The mushroom cloud dissipated within an hour. I am praying for Placerita and will go there after I return from SF, as long as they have opened the road by then. I have got to see the park, and Walker Ranch.

No movie or show tonight, but I did meet Grimsley for a mid-evening hike at Aliso at 8pm.

Also watched part of the first night of the Democratic Convention, and saw some great speeches, including Michelle Obama's.

Trump Is Toast, and I will be glad when he pops up out of the toaster in November and is finally done.

I am reading my Paul McCartney biography, and my OKC book (which looks to be a mindblower) and also Kent Bain's "Most Dangerous", which is  Guaranteed Mindblower.

All reading will temporarily cease for a few days after tomorrow, but as mentioned previously, I will try to write every night as always, if I can get an Internet connection.

That's all for tonight. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment