Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Nine More + Coyote + "45 Years"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Well, my last post from home for a few weeks. Tomorrow morning I go back to work, but it's been a good week off. Today my sister and I were originally gonna go to Downtown Los Angeles to visit the San Antonio Winery, which I think I mentioned in an earlier post. I was gonna take the train down to Union Station and meet her there. She was gonna take the brand new Expo Line, an above-ground "light rail" electric car system that runs from Santa Monica to Downtown. As it turned out, however, Vickie was not aware that the Expo Line does not run all the way to Union Station, and that she would have had to transfer to another line a few stops beforehand. She was a bit skittish about doing that, since she is not a veteran of the Metrorail subway transit system (which I am, so it's easy for me), but long story short, we decided to cancel the winery visit today and reschedule to have Vickie simply drive over to Northridge and take the train with me. So we will go sometime soon.

Instead it was a quiet day for me, just playing Beatle chords (which I am hooked on) and singing along (softly cause I live in a Tiny Apartment).

I did my - wait for it! - Nine Miles Again, for the fifth day in a row. I told you I created a Monster. But it was the last day I could do it, for now anyway, and I have been inspired by my friend Jon S., the distance runner who I've known since 1973, and who hasn't missed a day of running since May 1969. I think he's in the Guinness Book for that, and certainly has been officially recognised by Runner's World and other magazines and organisations. I started doing my Daily Walk in 1999, to lose weight. It's always been five miles a day, and over the past 17 years I've probably averaged about 355 days a year of doing it, maybe more. I'm no Jon, not by a longshot (cause for one thing, I walk instead of run), but I still hardly ever miss a day. He was my original inspiration to do it, and to stick with it every day. I guess once I started hiking in 2013, my endurance increased, and on my days off I wanted to see if I could do hikes and also do my usual nightly CSUN walk. So that's how the 9 Miles came about.

Why nine and not ten?

That's just how the numbers worked out this week, with Aliso Hikes, CSUN walks, and Walks Down To The Store Or Libe.

Also, I have to give myself an Out. As I said, I am no Jon, and even though I'm in pretty good shape, I don't wanna create something I can't get out of, and my personality is of the type that if I start a Discipline Oriented Habit, my mind will focus on it and make me feel the need to do it every day.

So, nine instead of ten, just so it doesn't get out of hand, and now I will be back to my normal five per day, plus a few short Hour Hikes per week.

I've been seeing Critters lately, as you know, and last night I saw the CSUN Bunny, as reported.

Tonight, I saw the Aliso Coyote for the second time. This time he wasn't in the bushes but right on the trail, about 80 feet in front of me. I came around a curve and saw him, and your mind goes : "dog" (German Shepherd), except it's too skinny and there is no person with it. So a second later, your mind says "coyote".

I didn't bring my camera or I could have got a picture because he held still for a little bit. So did I, but I wasn't scared because he was far enough away and also it is said that coyotes do not attack humans. And indeed, when I resumed my forward progress, he trotted off into the brush. But that was my first Full On Coyote Sighting, right there on the trail.

This evening I watched an excellent, low key film called "45 Years", about an aging English couple about to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary with a big party for their friends, but an incident from the past intrudes and causes them a lot of introspection and some second guessing. It's a subtle film, anything but a blockbuster, and it focuses on aging in a relationship, so on first glance it could sound depressing, but because it has two excellent actors, Charlotte Rampling (who was nominated for an Oscar) and the legendary Tom Courtenay, it turns out to be an affecting film that involves you every step of the way, through conversational dialogue and small emotional gestures.

Well, that was my day. I hope yours was good as well. I did see one post that said "Quiet On The Set" a showed a camera screen and lighting setup, involving one of your friends. She also said "glad to be working", so maybe that means you are working on that shoot as well. I also saw a couple of pics of your friend Morgin, so perhaps you guys are working on something.  :)

Post an update if you can!  :)

I will be back at Pearl's in the morn by 9am or so, and then back on Usual Work Schedule after that.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment