Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Trip + New Alcest + Democratic Convention + "One Step Beyond" + Sad About Walker Ranch

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well, this is it. I leave for my trip tomorrow at noon. I quadruple-checked everything, and I think I've remembered to bring anything I might need (things like phone charger) and stuff I use everyday, like my Supergreens powder. All my clothes and other stuff is in a few bags in my apartment, all ready to go. I don't know if modern cars have cd players anymore, but if my rental has one, I will bring some music to listen to.

Speaking of music, I'm sure you saw the Alcest album announcement. The release is coming up fast, September 30th, which if I'm not mistaken is also the release date for the new Opeth.

Pretty cool, eh?

And speaking of music again, I saw many of your posts today, for upcoming concerts. It looks like a lot of festivals are coming up, and I guess the post with the photo of an open green space with a fence around it is also a concert site, for Sonic Boom? If I recall correctly, you were at last year's Sonic Boom (initials SB!) with Versus Me. So there is no doubt you will be there again.  :)

I watched some of the Democratic Convention tonight, including Bill Clinton's speech. He's almost 70 now, but he's still got it - I thought he knocked it out of the park. Of course, corporate CNN just continues to hype Trump; he is the media's chosen candidate. I know I have mostly abstained from talking politics on FB and my blog, but Trump is - by far - the worst and most dangerous candidate we have ever had in the U.S. He makes George W. Bush look like George McGovern, and it is 1000% imperative that he is defeated in November, because CNN continues to champion him, and talk about how he is ahead in the polls.

Who needs Fox News when you've got CNN doing the same job?

Well, that's all the politics out of me for tonight. Go Hillary - "I'm With Her".

Tonight I watched another great episode of "One Step Beyond", about a married couple on their way home from a party. They argue, and when they get home the man storms out and drives off and parks on a hillside miles away, to think and have a smoke. It is a rainy night and the hillside collapses. He is trapped under his car at the bottom of the cliff.

But his wife is telepathic. She starts getting signals that he is in trouble. Later, she can hear his voice. She contacts the Sheriff, who humors her........until she is able to pinpoint her husband's location.

Of course, John Newland the Host is around at the end to say "I Told You So" - telepathy is real, in other words.....

Man, what a great show.

Lastly, if you saw my post earlier about the fire, you know I got mixed news about two of my favorite places. Placerita Canyon is okay, but Walker Ranch got torched.

I was just there a month ago, and I blogged about it on June 24th or 25th. Somewhere around there, I am too tired to check the exact date now, but I think it's one of those two.

I was just there, a month ago, and I went on all the trails, just a short way on each. But now, the report is that the Waterfall Trail is destroyed, and so is the Los Pinetos. Normally, I don't go on those trails, I just stay on the main Canyon Trail between Placerita and Walker. But when I went in June I went on the Waterfall (which has no water) and also on the Los Pinetos, which goes way up high on a mountain.

Now those trails are destroyed, apparently.

I want to go there as soon as I can, because the place has spiritual meaning to me.

Just check my photos, and what I have written in the past, and you'll see how I feel about Walker Ranch.

Spirit is everything; you can feel when you are in the presence of it.

So I have to see what has happened to Walker.

I will Google, and check the status (open or closed to public) when I get back from San Francisco.

I will hopefully be able to write while I am up there. The house has Wi-Fi. I am notoriously low-tech, but if I can figure out how to access it - because I've never used Wi-Fi before - I will see you tomorrow night.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment