Saturday, July 30, 2016

Local Touring + Mega Dinner Party featuring Big Time Family Reunion

Happy Super Duper Late Night, my Darling,

I am back in Benicia after a full day exploring with David and attending a dinner party tonight at his sister Debbie's house. In the early afternoon we went to two different parks in the area of Concord and Walnut Creek. The first one was a nature park/arboretum that had some nice trails as well as a botanical garden, and the second one was devoted to desert plants, all kinds of cacti and succulents. It was hot out, and I remarked to the lady at the visitor center that "It's just as hot here as it is back in the San Fernando Valley, if you know where that is".

She said she did know, and said "oh, that's a coincidence because there was a lady here a few minutes ago who was from Calabasas".

I figured it was probably Kim Kardashian, some kind of connection relating to the Six Degrees of Grimsley.

Later I found a trail of my own, while David was taking a break from the heat. A mile away was the Concord Canal, the city's water supply, and it had a pathway running alongside it through a woodsy area, and I followed it for another half mile or so. Even if I am travelling, I will of course look for a trail at some point........  :)

We also took a driving tour of the downtown section of Concord, and then stopped in at a huge record store called Rasputin's, which is similar in size and selection to Amoeba Records in Hollywood. While we were there, David bought the new Jeff Beck cd.

Then we headed about 30 miles south to his sister's house. We got there at 7pm and stayed till almost Midnight. It was an amazing party, because everyone from the family was present. I was not expecting that, and so it was quite a surprise to see David's younger brothers, who I knew starting in 1970 to 1976, when one was an infant and the other was six. His Mom was there as well, who all of us neighborhood kids knew, and so were other relatives I had not met previously. It was quite a party, with lots of great food and many different conversations, and once again it's that Time Thing, SB, where 36 years can go by between seeing close friends, and the time can seem both extremely long, and also just like yesterday, because the "conversation" (the feel of the friendship) carries on like it was just yesterday.

It was a great day, and another Mega Night, and we are doing a Whirlwind Tour so far.

Tomorrow we will go bowling, to celebrate another tradition of a sport we loved as kids, when we bowled in local children's leagues. That will be the only thing on the agenda, cause I am gonna drive back at around 4pm, but it will be a blast as the whole trip has been so far.  :)

I saw a post of yours before I left, via Josh Napert, and I don't know if it related to me or not, but the words were pretty specific, so I will guess that it did.

And so I've gotta tell you that those words, and that sentiment, were very beautiful.

I will see you in the morn.  I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment