Saturday, July 16, 2016

Baby Metal + Half Hike (Babying The Knees) + Hollywood Boulevard + Alabama Hills

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Okay, I love it! - the Babymetal show at The Wiltern tonight. :) Now, I hadn't heard of Babymetal, but I'm assuming you must have formed a new metal band and you're already on tour; that's why your friend Katie went to the show tonight. Babymetal featuring Sweet Baby on keys, guitar and vocals.

Next time, gimme some advance notice so I can go :)  I'll take pix, too.........

I hope you had a blast at your show last night. It looked to me like a couple of your bands were there, and the short video clip showed a good sized crowd.

This afternoon I went on a "half hike" at O'Melveny, all the way through the park and down the trail until I got to the ascent, which is about 3/4 of a mile in. I don't wanna do anything to mess with my knees until all the soreness is gone, because I had some experience with tendonitis earlier in the year. It was in my elbow, from twisting a mop too hard, and tendonitis does not go away easily. So, just a "flat" hike today, no climbing, but at least I was Back Out There after about ten days of No Hikes. Plus, me and Grimsley took a walk down Hollywood Boulevard last night, waiting for JVR to go on, and we went all the way down to Hollywood and Highland : the premier tourist stop and home of the Academy Awards, etc, where you see all the Michael Jackson and Elvis impersonators, and Star Wars characters. Hollywood Central, in other words. That part of the boulevard is all lit up in streetlights and neon, but back at Hollywood and Western, closer to the club where JVR was playing, things are a tad more........dark.

At any rate, I Google Mapped it today, and our walk down Hollywood Boulevard was 2.5 miles, from the Harvard & Stone club to Hollywood and Highland Bl. It's like Ray Davies said, "you can see all the stars as you walk down Hollywood Boulevard", and we did, meaning the marble-tiled star shapes that are set into the sidewalk with gold embossed names of Movie Stars. That's the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, and it's always fun to "name 'em off" as you walk along, "some that you recognise, some that you've hardly even heard of" - lyrics again courtesy of Mr. Davies.

Hollywood Boulevard needs some fixing up, for certain, and you do see a lot of homeless people encamped at regular intervals, but if you look carefully at the edifices of the old buildings, and through windows into their interiors, you can still see flashes of the old Tinsletown Glamour from the Golden Era of the 20s through the 50s.

Now that I am about to drive up to the San Francisco area in a couple weeks, and leaving town for the first time in eons, I am already planning my next trip. It will be just a Day Trip, but I wanna drive up to the Alabama Hills in east/central California, in the High Desert. The "Hills" are the site of many Western Movies, famous and very unusual looking rock formations, way out in the middle of Nowhere, just like where Dad used to drive us (though he never drove us to the Alabama Hills).

California is a trip, because it is the size of a country like Italy, and yet it is basically populated around three metropolitan areas : San Diego, Los Angeles and The Bay Area (San Francisco/San Jose). Most of our 30 million people live in those areas.

But then there is the whole eastern part of the state : a desert. And so I wanna start doing a couple of Day Trips here and there, and Alabama Hills will be the first, maybe later this Summer or Fall.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling.

See you in the morn. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment