Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Special Memory (more added, thinking about you) (goodnight kiss added)

Happy Afternoon, my Sweet and Wonderful Lady. I am getting started a little later today. I actually slept in until 9:30. That almost never happens on my first day off because I am so programmed to wake up early, but I am glad I was able to get the extra sleep, cause I feel really good. I hope your day is going well. I wanted to tell you about something I thought of, one of those special memories that make me love you so much, even though I already love you so , so much. This is one of those little things that mean so much, a day that lives on in memory, and I was reminded of it just a little while ago.

I was on FB, and I saw that Agalloch had announced a short California tour, which includes a stop in Los Angeles. So, I was excited. Then I wished you could come with me, and of course I hope they expand the tour so that you do get to see them. But then came the really special part, my memory from last Summer. I remembered back to a night from a year ago, can't remember if it was July or August, but it was a night when you were going to see Agalloch in Chicago, and I was going to see a theater version of "The Exorcist" in Westwood. This was during the time you were working on your version of "Not Unlike The Waves", (which I love), and you were going to try and talk to the guys in Agalloch to see if you could send it to them. I knew you were a little nervous because you had said as much, and as it turned out, you did meet Aesop, and then John after the show, and ultimately you did send the song to Aesop. Things changed after that, and you decided to change your focus a little, in music, and lean toward photography a little (and I know you still love both music and photography, and you always will do both), but the memory is more about the activity of that evening, rather than anything else.

We had chatted earlier in the day, and maybe in the days prior, about you meeting those guys. I remember saying something like, "oh, it's easy. Just wait around by the stage door" (or merch table, etc). I said something like that, and you mentioned that you were a little apprehensive about it, but my memory begins that evening. I was just getting to Westwood, which is down near UCLA, about 20 miles from Northridge, and I think I was just getting ready to enter the playhouse. It was - okay, I just Googled it! - the date was July 20th, 2012. So it was the first time I saw the play of "The Exorcist" (I wound up going a second time, in August). I had asked you to tell me how things went at your Agalloch show, and you were two hours ahead of me, so if I got to Westwood at around 7 or 7:30, then it was 9 to 9:30 for you. And I remember thinking, "this is exciting"!, because you were at Agalloch, and they rarely had toured up to that point, and neither of us had ever seen them, and I was about to go in to see "The Exorcist", which I'd seen many times as a movie, but never as a play. So there was a lot of excitement in the air.

And much of the excitement, for me, was built upon the fact that I loved you, and had just told you so only two weeks prior to that evening. And now here we were, each at our respective shows. We were two thousand miles apart, and yet we were right next to each other. Such was the feeling of a shared evening of excitement.

So, I was getting ready to enter the theater, and it was such a lovely evening, and I was thinking of you, and I decided to check FB on my cell phone. I don't have a fancy cell, no iPhone or anything, just a basic cell, so I rarely use it for data purposes, because it just isn't that efficient. But, that night, I just wanted to see if you had messaged.

And lo and behold, while I was standing in the theater lobby, looking at my FB on my cell phone, you messaged me. And you said something like, "I just met Aesop". Or maybe it was just before you met him. But we started talking back and forth, and you were nervous but excited, and I was saying things like, "just act like you own the place", and "don't worry, rock stars are just people like you and me". I was trying to encourage you. Then, after a few minutes, you signed off, and both your concert and my play were about to begin. It was a very exciting night.

My special memory is of being in that lobby, and seeing that FB chat message all of a sudden, and thinking, "wow! We're both at our different shows, so far apart, but here we are together". And I was trying to egg you on, and you said you had just met one of the guys.........and it was all so very, very sweet.

So exciting, and also so very sweet.

After signing off on FB, I went into the playhouse and sat down, in expectation of an awesome show, which I got. But as I watched the play, my mind never left the club in Chicago, where you had messaged me from earlier.

I thought, "Wow................just a couple weeks before this night, it took me all the courage in the world to tell Elizabeth I loved her. Now, tonight, she just messaged me from Chicago, and we talked like the closest couple in the world. She is away from home, and I am away from home (though not as far away), and we are both seeing shows for the very first time, and it is all so very exciting........

......but just now, to meet up like that in the lobby - that's what it felt like, that we had "met up" before our shows began - was so special.......".

And my heart and mind stayed with you all during the play. When it was over, I couldn't wait to check my FB again, from my cell phone, to see how your concert had gone. I don't remember if I heard from you later that night, which would have been very late, your time, or if you told me about it the next day, but you did give me a full report, and, as in life in general, everything worked out as fate would have it. And here we are today.  :):)

But that's my memory - being in that lobby, deciding to check FB from my cell, and having you pop up on chat almost exactly at the same time.

I thought - my goodness do I ever love that girl.

And I just had an inkling.........just a little bit, that night a year ago......"maybe she loves me, too".

God Bless You, my Dear Elizabeth. Here's to special nights and wonderful memories.

I Love You So Very, Very Much!  :):)


9:50pm : Hi, my Darling. I just got back from the second half of my walk. I like to divide it up whenever possible so I don't have to do the whole five miles at once, and since I had the day off I could do that. It's cool outside, almost cool enough for a sweatshirt. Strange for July, but then, with the exception of a few really hot days, this has been a mild Summer so far. I hope your day was good. I didn't hear from you, so I hope everything is okay. I know you work, too, and you are busy enjoying your Summer and your photography. I always hope things are good for you at home, too.

I didn't do much today, but it always feels good to rest up and get my full energy back, and it is always interesting how my body resets to it's natural biological hours. On my days off, I go back to feeling like myself, in the physical sense. But I sure wish you were here, or I were there. I sure loved thinking and writing about the Agalloch memory from last year. It's nice the way a memory can be so strong as to bring a moment or an evening back to life, so that you can almost re-live it. And when you re-live such a memory, you can remember, in our case, how our love was created, and how it grew, and how the days and nights felt, and the special, memorable moments.........and you can re-live them.

And it's very beautiful.

With special memories (and we have many), I like to sort of keep them in a "jewelry box" in my mind, and in my heart, and take them out with special care at special times, when I can really appreciate them, and never just give them a once-over, or think of them in passing, or when I am rushed. When I think of meeting you, and the instantaneous way we clicked, for instance.........that memory is like a jewel, something precious to be examined in a special light, a special frame of mind, so that it can be seen, and re-lived, for it's full worth.

I will be up for a little while, and I will be back to say goodnight. But as always, I've been thinking about you all day. You are My Angel.  :):)

11:50pm : You might be asleep by now, but I will say goodnight anyway and the thought will still reach you. I am gonna imagine myself there next to you, and we will be together all night. I Love You, Elizabeth.

You are everything to me.  xoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment