Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mulholland Drive (more added)

Hey my Baby,

My trek up to the San Vicente Mountain Park turned out to be a bust. It's close enough, but when you get up there on Mulholland Drive, the road at the top of the hillside, there are no markings to direct you to the turnoff, and Mulholland is like a highway - traffic runs pretty fast up there, you can't really slow down to check things out. It's a mountain road with few turnoffs and nowhere at all to turn around. I did pass an access road at the very top of the mountain, a narrow little gravelly track, but it was unmarked, and there was no way I was gonna drive down it not knowing for sure if it was the park access road, because again, it is a steep incline with no space to turn around. This was one of those deals where you've gotta know where you are going beforehand, Mapquest doesn't cut it. So, I will do a little more research on how to get in there before I go back. Meanwhile, my next "place I've never been before" will be the Pioneer Cemetery in Sylmar, at the very top of the Valley. The cemetery goes back to civil war times and is the oldest cemetery in the Valley. So, maybe next week for that one. The Photo Quest continues.......

Hope you are having a great day! I'll be back later.

I Love You! :):)

10:50pm : Hi Nice Lady. I am guessing that maybe you are on a road trip for the holiday, or maybe you have been working. I remember last summer, when you were working on a video for your Mom, and you were super busy. But whatever is happening, I will follow your lead! :) What are you gonna do for the 4th? I have always loved the holiday, one of my favorites in fact. I really get into the "Americana" of it, in the old fashioned sense. I have an affinity for the 19th and early 20th centuries, so maybe I am carrying over a vibe from that era. I love the pageantry. And the fireworks! So tomorrow, after my evening shift at Pearl's, I will go up to the Shepherd Of The Hills church in Porter Ranch, about 4 miles north of me, to watch their fireworks show. It is the best one in the Valley. I hope you had a good day, and I wish you a nice 4th of July tomorrow. As always, I Love You and love to know how you are doing. I will see you in the morn. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment