Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beautiful (more added)

Beautiful Girl!,

Yeah, that's you! Normally I would have started the blog a little more traditionally, like "Hey Beautiful Girl" (the "Hey" being the introduction), or "Good Evening my Darling", but tonight I had to exclaim it. I love the two pictures you posted. In the self portrait, you are doing the hair-over-eye come hither look to perfection. And in the one with Isabelle, the composition is perfect, with the path trailing off towards The Mysterious Unknown. Great idea, too, to have your subject looking in that direction.
I am gonna vow, right here, to shoot a roll of film very soon. I love film! And now I am missing it more than ever. So, hold me to it. It might be black and white, because I wanna try some Ilford, but I will shoot film!

I also liked your post of the animated couple by the pine trees. That's us! Perhaps at Big Sur, or even in the Angeles National Forest. Or your Special Place..........but it is us. Of that there is no doubt. Well, I am gonna go on my walk in a few. It has been overcast all day with heavy clouds, so maybe we will get some interesting skies. I'll bring my camera just in case. Back later on. :):)

I Love You!

10:55pm : Well, I didn't get any shots I was happy with. The sky didn't open up like I was hoping for, so I'll try again tomorrow. I also wanna try to get more abstract, shooting from unusual angles, odd lighting, unconventional subject matter. On my way home I saw an old couch that somebody had carted out of their apartment and left in front of the church. That is the kind of thing I am talking about, but the angle and the lighting have to be right. Just taking spontaneous shots, not necessarily technically correct, but all about the vibe of the shot. I am experimenting with taking shots without looking through the viewfinder (a luxury only doable with digital - with film you can't waste a shot). Tonight I tried setting up a few shots by first looking through the viewfinder, but then removing my eye before taking the shot. Anything to experiment, to shake things up a little!

Since we talk so much about subconscious things here, and other dimensions, magical places, etc., I want to try to capture some of that with my photography, just on single take opportunities. I think that cameras can capture things the eye cannot see, but I also think - like the alchemists thought - that the vibe has to be right, meaning that the photographer has to have his or her spiritual focus in the right place, and heart in the right place. It would be just like conducting a seance, or being in the forest and communing with the trees. You have to first of all know that it can be done, and then you do it by focusing. What I have learned, with my experience, through reading, noticing, is that spirit is everywhere. You of course know this, we share it. But to try and capture it is an interesting experiment. And I think that it can be ritualised, like in a seance, or it can be offhand, like in a photograph taken at the spur of the moment, of an odd subject, but taken with full spiritual focus. That's what the alchemists believed - that their elixers had to be confected and transformed in unison with their souls. Without that input, that belief, the magic would not happen.

But you and I are already on that level! We were born that way.......

That is all for tonight, my Sweet Angel. I really loved your picture today. I am with you through the night, and I'll see you in the morning. :):)

My Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment