Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Super Romantic (late night love and travel thoughts)

Sweet, Incredible and Wonderful Lady!,

I just watched an awesome movie called "The Earrings Of Madame de......". We never learn her last name, hence the title. It was made in 1953 by a director named Max Ophuls, who was German, although the film is French. He was renowned for his camerawork and the elegant look of his pictures, but I had never seen any. Criterion put out "Earrings", so I thought I'd give it a try and it was fantastic. It stars a French actress named Danielle Derrieux, and also Charles Boyer, a famous French leading man of the time, as her husband, a General. Vittorio Di Sica, an actor who went on to become a great director (and one of my favorite directors) play her suitor. They don't make films like this anymore, but I wish they did. The story, the acting, the camerawork, the sets..........wow.

It's a tragic story, but it was also so romantic, so of course I had to tell you about it!  :):)

I want to watch super romantic movies with you. Other kinds, too, but definitely super romantic ones!

So, I just wanted to tell you about it, because it was really great, and I also wanted to tell you how much I love you, and also to wish you a great afternoon. I love the picture of the kitty just now on FB!

Huge love, multiple hugs and kisses from me, The Guy Who Loves You So Much. xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back later........)

P.S. Re: the Emily Tebbets pics - now I see.........it's a Unikitty! 

11:05pm : I saw the pic earlier of your friend Isabelle in San Francisco, and I am thinking that we need to start planning what our first destination will be. It doesn't matter if it is still a little ways off, because in reality it could happen at any time, so the important part is to think about it, and to believe in it. Elizabeth, if we were going to go somewhere, where would you want to go? It wouldn't have to be the moment we met, obviously, because we would want to get settled first, after meeting one another.

But whether we met in your state or mine, we would get settled, and then we could go someplace. Where would you like to go? It could be anywhere, you know? Well, just for tonight, think about it and plant a seed in your mind that it can be anyplace, and that it will happen, anytime you want. A couple years ago, my sister and I had been making plans to go to France, because I finally had the money to do so. But you know how things go - we all can get stuck in our routines of work, or school, or family, and it isn't always easy to just take off somewhere.

But on the other hand - it is easy

Really, it isn't that big a deal, and people do it all the time. You just make up your mind to go, and then you go. My sister is probably never gonna go with me to France, or anywhere, because she has too many obligations, work and family, etc.

I know that, as of this moment, it is preliminary to say "let's go, you and me", but on the other hand, it is not preliminary to begin thinking about it. And it can be anywhere. It can be a simple road trip, or a getaway to another country. So at least start thinking about it as a reality. The way to do it, eventually, will be to just go. And we will do it. 

I can't wait.

I love you, and tonight we will think about being together, and we will focus on it as we dream.

And it can be anywhere in the world. So just think about where you would like it to be.

It is our time, and we deserve it.

Sweet dreams my love, I will see you in the morning. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment