Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday Evening Love (Wow!) (You've Got It)

Good Afternoon, my Angel,

I'm writing from Pearl's of course. Shopping all morning with Vickie, then came home and did half my walk, vacuumed the pad : Saturday stuff. I saw the photo link you just posted, that gal is very talented. It's a whole 'nuther thing to be a good technical photographer/studio photographer and to know all the lighting techniques, lense capabilities, etc., to produce the effects you want. I'm sure you will learn a lot of that stuff at photo school in Italy this Fall. That is gonna be an awesome experience.

I am gonna feed Kobi and the Black Kitty real quick, and I will be back in a bit, but I just wanted to say hi, and tell you I Love You.

'Cause I do.......  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

6:50pm : Wow, girl! You know why I say that. That is a great picture of you. My Goodness, Elizabeth. :)

Now, I am assuming that it's a self-portrait because you don't list any other photographic credit, and if so, you really found the Artist within the Elizabeth in that shot. Just fantastic. I like the ear cuff, too, except I didn't know the term until you posted it. But it looks great, and goes well with the overall look of the pic, and especially your eyes.

Here's something along the same lines as when I "saw" a vision of your EP cover while driving in May of '92, and then I told you about it, and the Monet imagery came up. More than coincidental.

Well, this is gonna sound "after-the-fact", like "you're just saying this cause it fits the picture" - except it's really true. Back when you were recording the Agalloch cover of "Not Unlike The Waves", back in about August '92, after you sent me a clip, I was listening and I thought, "what would make a good visual image to go with this"? And because it is a stark tune, and because your vocal really stood out in a haunting way against the piano, what I saw was a video of you - wearing all black, against a black background - singing the vocal to the song. The camera angle was slightly above your head, looking down, with you looking up, just a little. I saw your face emerge into the picture, like a dimmer switch was being used, and you could only be seen during the vocal parts.

That was my image for the vocals of that song, All Black Elizabeth against a black background, with only face and blonde hair visible. The only thing I didn't think of was braids or ear cuffs, but true story on the all-black. And it was one of those images that just came to me, too, just like the EP cover.

So that is really far out, to see that photo.......(oh, and by the way, you are a knockout, too!).

Excellent job, Elizabeth. That is a great, great shot. I'll write more later on, gonna do the usual Walk At 8:30 thing.........

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:15pm : Again, assuming that is a self-portrait, you have really got a knack for portrait photography, and that's not an easy thing as we have discussed. It's hard enough even when shooting someone else, but to line yourself up perfectly in the frame and then hold your expression while you wait for the timer.......that's no mean feat! Also, you got great skin tones - everything - the color of your hair. It all looks high def without looking too slick or artificial. Like I was saying, that is the high-tech end of photography, and I remember we only had a couple weeks devoted to it in my high school class, which was Art Photography - but there were a couple guys who had an aptitude for that, and one guy did go on to become a magazine photographer. It all depends on what you're after, and as you continue to develop your talents (which you are doing rapidly!), you will have many styles and techniques at your disposal.

You are on your way, Elizabeth.

I Love You (and I'm super proud of you, too, if that's okay)..........

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams, see you in the morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment