Monday, September 15, 2014

Art Energy

Good Morning, my Baby,

You are probably in class as I write. I take it that the curriculum is overall art history? I am sure the study is intense and detailed, and the focus sharp, coming from the place where so much historic art was created. It is important, I think, to soak up the spirit of the place you are in, to listen to the teachers on one hand while simultaneously intuiting the residual atmosphere. 

In quiet moments, not in class perhaps (or even in class), you can train your mind outward, to seek and accept the energies and sentiments of the past in Florence. Try to tune that feeling in. Don't force it, but maybe just take a walk through the village, and quiet your mind and let things come to you. You are in a once-in-a-lifetime experience, living in a place of permanent historic art energy.

Therefore, make every effort to tune it in, and get it into your system.

To give an example, though of a different kind, when I used to work at the MGM lot (at the Metrocolor lab), on my lunch breaks I would go take walks down the old alleyways of the soundstages. Nobody was ever back there. There were people inside the stages, making TV shows mostly, but no one was wandering around outside. And what I liked to do, was to imagine the heyday of the lot, when MGM was the biggest movie studio in Hollywood, and I would walk through and imagine the stars of the 30s and 40s on those stages, and the directors and crews. I knew who they were, so I could picture them........

And in that way, when you set your mind to it, and your spirit and heart, ghosts come out.

Ghosts as in remnants, residual feelings of the spirit of creation that was in the air at the time of a given place's heyday. I walked through the old sound stages of Golden Era Hollywood.

You are walking through Renaissance Italy - Florence. The home of incredible lasting inspiration and creation. So, take a walk when you get a chance, and tune in with your mind and heart, and feel it.

A place wants to give you it's energy. That's what I have discovered.

That place, and it's energy, will stay with you and live inside you, and you will be a part of it as well.

Have a great Monday, Elizabeth, and a great start to your week. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment