Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Towsley (good morning)

Hey Sweet Baby!, Happy Fall once again. I am just getting home from Pearl's. While she was at Golden Agers, I went back to Towsley Canyon in Santa Clarita. My first trip there was back in early August. This time I took a different trail, the Towsley Loop, and it turned out to be a nice little hike. Not too steep if you don't go all the way up the mountain, which I didn't, and it has lots of nice shadowy little nooks and crannies, which of course are my favorite. Took a few pics. Went about a mile in.

I hope your day was good. I'll bet Fall is gonna be beautiful in Florence. The slanting golden light on the old buildings and in the countryside. :)

I will post now to hopefully catch you while you are still awake, and also to tell you I Love You!
I will write more this evening, until then, Sweet Dreams my Angel.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:40pm : Good Morning, my Darling. So how's things going? Good, I hope. I am relaxing with some abstract piano music by Dimitri Shostakovich. 'Twas a beautiful day today, hot but dry, Indian Summer heading into Autumn. A quality of air, heat and light that happens for a brief period every year. Tomorrow, Pearl has a Women's Club meeting, so I may try for another hike, if I can find a trail. I counted 'em and I've used up 23 so far in a driving radius of about 15 miles, give or take. I am into the exploration and scenery for photography more than the hiking itself, so I don't wanna repeat some trails too much, just to climb mountains.

What I wanna do, is bring the Mountain Ghosts out of the shadows. You can only do that so many ways with a camera, and then at some point you have to start asking for their cooperation, lol.  :)

So that is what I wanna try to do, to really start bringing the spirit out in my pictures, real spirits, whatever they may be or consist of. Spirits can be abstract, too. They don't have to have a scary connotation. I just think that everything natural has spirit within it. When you hike, or even just walk around anywhere, you can see it if you look. And I believe you can take pictures "through the veil", using light and form and angle.

But I also think you have to ask......  :)

Yeah, I know I'm weird. But somebody's gotta do it, haha. I saw something cool on my hike today: little "tar pits" or more accurately, small oil creeks in the canyon. You can smell the petroleum smell before you see it, and then you come upon a small, gutter-sized creek that has black liquid in it : oil. So petroleum is still seeping out of the Santa Susanas after all these years. Most of it was pumped out by oil companies a long time ago.......

Well, have a great day! I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment