Sunday, September 28, 2014

Quiet Sunday (sort of) (Happy Monday)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I'm just getting home from Pearl's. I took the Kobester up to CSUN earlier, but he was romping around in the grass and he got a sticker in his fur, right above his eye. It was a big old green thing, some kind of foxtail with spikes on it, and when it caught in his fur, he started rubbing his face on the ground, trying to get it off. All that did was to push it in further, and it twisted in his fur and pulled it down over his eye, real tight, so he couldn't open it. So, that was the end of our CSUN walk. I had to take him straight home. I tried cutting it out of his fur but he wouldn't hold still, so I gave him a bath, and when the foxtail got wet, it started to crumble. I put shampoo on it, and combed at it. Finally I was able to comb it and cut it out of his fur. One tenacious sticker that was, poor doggie.

But he was super happy when the bath was over and he could see again. :)

So that was the big excitement of the morning. Now I am listening to the last regular season Dodger game of the year. I always do that just to hear Vin Scully, our announcer who has been with the team since 1948. 66 years! He is 87 now, but his voice sounds exactly the same as it did 40 years ago. Everybody loves Vin, baseball fan or not. So it's just a quiet day around here.

I hope you had a nice Sunday. Are you still at the cabin? I will know by your posts. :) I'll bet your Italian is getting pretty fluent by now. And I'll bet you've got some great pictures and video.

I will be here until about 3:30, then I am gonna leave a few minutes early so I can try to find some ripe avocados. I've already been to two stores but they were hard as rocks at both. And I've gotta have my avos.......  :)

That's all for now. I will write more at the usual time. I Love You, Elizabeth!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Good Morning and Happy Monday, my Baby. Just checking in to wish you a good start to your week. I am listening to a piece of music I just discovered, an organ concerto by Francis Poulenc. I've always liked his piano music, and this is awesome as well. Very heavy and dramatic.

A good week ahead. Two King Crimson shows coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday. I haven't seen them since 1981, so I am excited.

Enjoy your morning, whether in the woods or the classroom. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment