Friday, September 26, 2014

Two Trees (Yow!) (special places)

Good Evening, my Baby,

Happy Friday as well! Are you still out in the woods? It looks like it, from this morning's picture. I love the two trees - that's us, together out in the forest. :) The Autumn colors in the Matthew Crowley pictures are very beautiful.

Pearl and I took Kobi to Lake Balboa this morning. We hadn't been there in a couple months because the Summer heat is too much for them, but today is picture-perfect, warm but with a Fall crispness in the air. We saw gulls, coots and ducks. Now I am back home and gonna watch a movie because Redbox gave me a free code. I got "Non-Stop" with Liam Neeson. Not my usual fare, but it's always good to watch Neeson get really pissed off in a movie every now and then. Nobody does it as good as he does. :)

I'll watch and then head back to Pearl's at 4:15, but I wanted to check in to say that I hope you had an awesome day, and to wish you Sweet Dreams in a little while, and to tell you that I Love You So Much!

Cause I do.......  :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:45pm : Wow, Sweet Baby! Good Morning. I must say I like your post! Your morning is off to a good start and my evening is ending well indeed! :):)

I am just now getting back from my walk, so I am gonna have something to eat and then I will be back. But I had to say............Good Morning! (wish I was there with you).  :):)

(back in a few minutes)

11:50pm : Okay, my Angel, I am back. Are you still at the cabin? My guess is yes! That's because I am there with you in spirit. Because I am there with you, we will take our time on Saturday morning before heading out......there's no hurry and we've got all day. ;)   :):)

That's actually awesome and amazing if you have been out there all week, or maybe longer, while I have been visiting, in the same week, some very amazing and spiritual places myself. We are both feeling the same things. I would say we are being inspired by nature, but I want to get more specific and find out what it is that makes us feel this way when we are outdoors. It's like, when I look at a Sycamore tree, I get a slightly different feeling than when I am near an Oak. Or an even better example : if I am in a big place, an open space (as they call big nature parks in California), what I have noticed - and this is very real - is that different places in the park have different "personalities". That's kind of what I was trying to get at when I talked about the dried-out golden field yesterday. I mean, it's a mindblower, you go out to one of these places, in America or Italy or wherever, and the different components of the landscape communicate with you in a very real way. That's why I like to be more specific, and instead of just thinking of the whole thing as "nature", and putting it all under one umbrella, I like to feel it as "individuals". Each tree is it's own person, so to speak. And even the shadows can be individual.

You see, what we call "nature" as a whole, has no people in it. People can visit nature, but generally when they do, they aren't paying intimate attention to it.

It's like, do you know how people like Jane Goodall found out, through paying intimate attention to gorillas, that they can be intelligent enough to learn sign language, and even to work a camera? Who knew, right?

And to take that example to an extreme, I think the same way about the individual "people" in a given natural landscape. Those people can be trees, rocks, shadows, gulleys, creeks. And the more you pay them intimate attention, the more they will show you. It's like The Black Kitty. She came on the scene at Pearl's about a year ago, and would run away any time she saw me, even when I brought her food out. She was wild, a creature of nature. But little by little, she started to come around, to be friendly, to want to show us something, and to learn from us. To learn patterns. Now she is almost 100% tame, and she knows when I will arrive, knows the sound of my car.

You get a feeling when you are out at a special place (I like that better than the general term of "nature"), and the feeling is very, very strong, and it is the same feeling that developed with the Kitty: a desire to connect, to communicate. That's what a special place is conveying to you.

That's what L. Frank Baum was getting at in "The Wizard Of Oz". He understood the enchantment in nature.

That's all I know for this evening, my Darling.

I Love You.............(you Hottie, you)........(I try to be a Gentleman, but sometimes.....)  :):)

Sweet Dreams for me, and I will see you, and you will see me, in the morning/evening.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment