Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Perfect Tour! (Trailin') (married) (Good Morning)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am glad to hear from you! I woke up this morning to see the Opeth/Alcest news. Boy, is that a perfect tour or what? Definitely a tour that needed to and was destined to happen. Will you be able to go to the show in Milan? I hope so! I also hope they bring the same tour to America. :)

Well, I am trying to find a quick trail. I have until 12:30, when I have to return to pick Pearl up from Women's Club at 1pm. Don't know where I will go; I'm running out of local trails. Gotta drive further, but can't drive too far because of time limits. The Trail Dilemma. :)

Well, off I go. I'll know where I'm going when I get there. Have a great evening and I will check in when I get home, around 2pm or so.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

2pm : Good Evening Again, my Baby. Later in the evening this time, 11pm for you. I hope you are liking the school and settling in okay, getting the feel of the place. I did find a trail, and it was local, in O'Melveney Park in Granada Hills. We used to take my Dad to that park all the time, about ten years ago, and we also went there for Easter Egg Hunts when my nephew Ali was a tyke. I'd never really explored the trails there, because A) I wasn't into hiking back then, and B) even more importantly, the few times I did venture a little ways down a trail, I always turned back because of the buzzing sound. You know I'm scared of bees!

But by now, I have enough experience hiking that a few bees don't bug me too much. I even went right past a hive when I was in Towsley Canyon last month (scary!......just a little bit). Anyhow, O'Melveney Park is super-local, just like Santa Susana. It's maybe 6 or 7 miles from my place, and it has trails galore. The first two I hiked are called The Nature Trail and The Grotto Trail, and both go straight up the hillsides. Nature Trail is pretty steep, so I only went about halfway but still got up pretty high. I'll post some pics later. I went up almost as high on the Grotto Trail, but again, I am more into scenic hiking that just for the sport of it. I also don't like ridgeline hikes, where the trail has a big dropoff on either side. Makes me nervous! It's okay is there is a dropoff on one side, and a mountain wall on the other. Then I can just stay close to the wall side. But a dropoff on both sides is usually (meaning always, haha) the turnback point for me.

My last hike of the morning was the best. I had forgotten all about the O'Melveney Trail, named after the man who used to own the land that became the park. That trail is a scenic trail, and it features some really beautiful views of the mountains, at the point where the Santa Susanas meet the San Gabriels. The O'Melveney Trail eventually does become a mountainside hike, which takes you all the way up to Mission Peak, which is almost 3000 feet up. I went about a mile in (my standard), and I guess I was about 1500 feet up when I turned around. All told, I probably got about 3 miles of hiking in, so tonight I can take it easy. Oh Boy! :)

Got some nice pics of the mountains, too.

I am still stoked about that tour matchup. I've always thought those two bands would be perfect together, and it's interesting that, in the past, each guy was the premier practitoner of his particular brand of harsh vocals. Mikael was the top guy for death metal vocals, and Neige was the best black metal screamer, bar none. Then both guys gave it up, and both gave up "metal", per se, even though both have retained their basic sound. But both bands are definitely playing progressive music now, in one form or another, and so it would have been a perfect pairing in their metal days, and it's still a perfect pairing now. You've gotta go, even if you have to miss a day of school! I'll write ya a note........  ;)

Well, that's all for now. I'll write more later tonight, meaning tomorrow morning for you. I don't usually say this in the afternoon, but Sweet Dreams, my Baby. I will see you in your morning!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

2:40pm : My Sweet Baby, I just saw your post and I couldn't agree more! Let's get married! We will keep that as our focus while seeing things through, like school, etc. But let that be our plan and our guide : we will be married and share life together. We will live life together and love each other always as husband and wife. The picture will become clearer as time passes and things get done. But for now, let's say it's going to happen, and it will!

I Love You So Much!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:35pm : Good Morning, my Artist and Art Student. I hope your schoolday is off to a good start. I am re-listening to a Beethoven sonata that I heard earlier today on KUSC. A quiet evening for me in my mode of late - relaxing and reading, studying new trails, thinking about the history of the area and history in general. It must be amazing to be in Italy, with all it's history, and it's landscapes as well. You are probably on Sensory Overload at the moment! Also, I am assuming you are in Italy. Before, I had guessed that your school schedule was split up between Germany and Italy. But if you are in Germany, same deal. The history, etc.

And that's what I am looking for here in the Valley, and just beyond, in Newhall, Simi and Santa Clarita. The history, the signs of old, the spiritual and tangible traces of people who came before. It blows my mind that a group of people could live somewhere for 8000 years, as was the case here with the Chumash and Tatavium Indians, and the same is true in Europe with the various tribes who lived and migrated through the continent. Things "change", or so they say, but the landscape always holds in it's history, and it will reverberate a feeling of that history to anyone who is receptive and in harmony.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. Have a great day and enjoy your school and your studies!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment